Copy for USB to internal SSD

Hi gents,
Is there a way to copy music from a USB to an internal drive?
The device is 201B.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Danijel

Hello,

Currently, no way to copy files from USB to internal drive without using PC.

There’s another way to put files into internal drive, please check link.

Thank you,

2 Likes

Thank you! Very helpful!

Danijel

Would appreciate some advice on the following.
The Samsung T7 is pre-formatted for Mac which is what I use. I updated my Innuos music library )my old streamer) on the SSD but the drive needs to be reconfigured first. I believe the Innuos uses NTFS or FAT32 after backup the SSD however cannot be read or scanned on the 201. Initialisation repeatedly fails. What should I do?
Thanks
David

Hello @Dwlie ,

NTFS and FAT32 both works in RS201.

1. Can you check from RS201 that the SSD is connected to RS201?
  2. When you scan, is there any error pop-up? Or can you explain how it doesn’t work?
    If it’s difficult to explain by words, photo or video will be helpful as well.

Hi Rose,
The SSD is connected to the 201 USB A. Have rebooted the system but the media library does not recognise the SSD. It does not show up. When using the Seagate HDD which was also formatted by the Innnuos system the 201 is able to read and initialise the disk.
I have also tried connecting the SSD to USB C and that does not work either.
Hope you can help.

Thanks
David

Hello,

RS201 can recognize HDDs formatted in NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT.

I guess it doesn’t seem to be recognized because the MAC formatted the HDD in a format other than exFAT.
Please check your SSD’s format.

Also, ROSE devices can read and write NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT.

Hi,
Based on your description can I confirm that the way forward would be to reformat the SSD on RS201 and then transfer the music files on the network? The size off the music files is about 483 gigabyte. I want to be sure this is my only option as the Innuos server is not able to perform the backup now (due to some unknown issues).
Thanks for the speedy response.
David

It’s difficult to tell, but if it was formatted on a MAC, the SSD’s format is the most likely.

First of all, connect your SSD to MAC and check if your SSD’s format is exFAT or not.
If it’s exFAT already, I better find some other way to help you.

H, the SSD was not formatted on the Mac. It was formatted on the Innuos music streamer. After successfully backing-up the music library from the SSD I took to my Mac and disk cannot be read or mounted. The disk cannot be read on windows as well so I am at a loss.
The HDD was also formatted on the Innuos but it can be read in RS201 so I suspect the format is probably FAT32 but cannot be sure. Could it be that RS201 only accept NTFS for SSD but for HDD it accepts both?

RS201 supports FAT32, exFAT and NTFS. It doesn’t matter if it’s SSD or HDD.

I’m a bit confused…

Your SSD = Samsung T7
Your HDD = Seagate

Your SSD is preformatted for MAC. You formatted the SSD via Innuos and you can’t use it anywhere else(MAC, Windows, ROSE)
You formatted HDD via Innuos and it works in ROSE. I guess it would also work in MAC and Windows.

I’ve never used Innuos before so I can’t tell how it formats. I think you should format the SSD again so that you can use it in MAC and Windows. You will be able to use the SSD in ROSE if the SSD works in MAC and Windows.

Hi,
I have just completed a remote session with the engineer of the Innuos and he confirmed that the system formats external drives in exFAT. In this case is there a way you can the rS201 to read the Samsung T7 SSD?
Thanks
David

Hello,

If the drive is formatted as exFAT and every other things are normal, it should work with RS201 just like your HDD. RS201 do not require something special specification for SSD and HDD.
Please make your SSD work in MAC and Windows, then there will be no problem with RS201.

@ROSELOA what is the normal speed of copying files to internal SSD of RS250? I just installed a 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD which was rated at ~500MB/s. I’m getting only ~20MB/s speed copy files from my PC via gigabyte Ethernet. Thanks!