External SSD Drive question

I have all of my music files on an external SSD drive connected to my Mac mini in my office. These files are updated frequently and are accessed by other programs on my Mac mini. How would I be able to play these files on my RS150 without using Audirvana, Roon or hooking the hard drive right to the RS150? Is there a network setting that will allow my to do this and will these files still show up in the Rose Connect app? Thanks for your time…

Share that folder using SMB over the network. Your RS150 should be able to access the shared folder.

1 Like

Instructions? I went to the RS150 and created an SMB. On my MAC I see it under network. How do I point to my hard drive on my Mac?

Google how to share a folder over the network on your Mac.
Go to Rose Connect App on your phone, find “Folder”under “Music” tab. Click on “Network”, you should be able to see your Mac.
Alternatively use “Add network folder” but you have to enter the address manually.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try this…

Hello,

Check this link.
You need your MAC to allow SMBv1.

Thankfully, other ROSE users added some posts that might help you.

I get this on my Mac when following your directions…

There are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem.

Hello,

Can you give me the screenshot or photo of the message?
Have you checked the posts that other ROSE users added?

Thank you,