How to download files from PC to RS150/RS201 via network? (SMB 2.0)

Please see the uploaded pic showing the error information.

am trying to use Roon with Rosedisk to access stored files on my SSD

Hello,

The photo that I uploaded is just a example, you should change the words for you.

In network share location…
smb://Your RS250 IP address/RS250 > Music > Folder > Your SSD name

In my case, it was
smb://192.168.1.82/ROSEDISK

And you should change it for you.

I was able to use the smb:// i.p. location of my RS150B to connect to Roon. Roon can now “see” my files and play them, thanks.

Hi,

I never thought it will be so complicated. my smb://192.168.1.19/webdav. I am not using a IBM compatible PC but a MacBook pro. I have 2 things appearing on my finder: rose-\0327 & mymodem. both doesn’t connect. mymodem asks for login and password I put both as I had put them in the Rose settings, but it doesn’t work. Moreover, the Roon doesn’t even recognise the SSD in the storage.

Good afternoon.
Ok, I followed the instructions right up to the last#7. So now how do I transfer songs from my pc to the new Rose file ?
Thank you
Adrian

Hello,

Are you using Windows or MAC?

If you followed every steps, you will be able to drag or copy your files into ROSE folders.

Hi,

I was initially having trouble setting up a SMB v1 network share on Windows 11 and thought I would share a tip.

1. enable SMB v1 using the “turn on/off Windows features” on your home PC.
  2. Goto to SMB setup on Rose under settings and add a name (id) for example, “Rose1” and password , example “1234”
  3. on the Rose make note of its ip address, for example 10.0.0.20
  4. using Run command on your PC enter the rose’s ip address, e.g. \10.0.0.20
  5. When the Explorer window logon appears, click on “Other Options” and use the name (id) and password created above on the Rose. Windows will default to your usual user id and password so you must click on “other options” to enter the id and password you create specifically for the Rose. Then you will have read and write access.
  6. Optionally map a network drive to this path

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thx. Rose really needs to redo their manuals - they’re missing lots of info owners need. There is almost no info on this topic, or others like how tp play tracks on the SSD. Rose should at least issue a complete guide on this topic since many of us have had to waste a lot of our time struggling with it and are still having problems.

Come on Rose, taka a break from enabling yet more add on’s (like Airplay), adding yet more obscure radio stations or weather reports in remote locations to satisfy one guy and spend the time instead on improving AND documenting basic, essential functions!!

3 Likes

Suddenly my RS201 is not accepting the connection of my iMac to transfer files to Rosedisk.

It was working fine last week but today I’ve tried all the possible solutions and the connection is not possible !

Coincidence or not this is happening after the last firmware update.

Urgent help needed ! Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:
Problem solved! It looks like it was some strange behavior from my Mesh network setup.

The ideal would be not to use the wifi network to transfer files… I wish this could be implemented in the future :wink: