How to transfer audio files to ROSEDISK from Windows?

Hi, can anyone help with step-by-step instructions on how to transfer audio files from already ripped cds (eg FLAC) on windows (Win7 in my case) to the ROSEDISK and organize them at the same time?

thanks

2 Likes

This subject was explained many times already. Use search function!

On your Rose unit:

1. Go to settings → Storage settings
  2. Enable SMB, set login and password

On your PC:
3. Within files browser (NOT internet browser) type \ip of your Rose unit (2x )
4. Type login and password when prompted

1 Like

I am very grateful, sorry I tried to search and only found two threads which didnt provide this answer, but I apologise if my search was insufficient

No problem! Glad to be helpful! Safe your credentials and create shortcut for easy, immediate access.

Continuing the discussion from How to transfer audio files to ROSEDISK from Windows?:

Hi Micheal,
I just received my rs 250 today and have already installed a internal ssd 2tb hard drive. So, my question is , I question I need to download music I have downloaded from Qobuz or apple or cds into the ssd drive. Have you had any luck downloading music from tidal and then into the ssd? What connections do you use from the pc to the Rose unit for fastest best download. USB ?

Hello,

The fastest method to download the music files in SSD is to connect the SSD to PC.
However, it’s such a cumbersome method.

Using SMB is relatively slower than the above method, but it can make downloading and editing files much easier. Please check this post to know about SMB connection between PC and RS250.

Thank you,