New 150b- Experienced Users Thoughts Welcome

Good afternoon. I just got my Rose and also just installed a 2tb ssd internal drive. So my question is now how do I get songs , hi-res music onto it. I have a laptop. I am familiar with tidal, but I can’t buy songs from them . I heard Qobuz let’s you buy albums. So would you recommend I download the albums onto my laptop, then connect the laptop to usb in on the Rose and transfer them to the internal drive ? Does that sound about right ? Someone wrote on the board here that Dsd is the best format to download. Is that also found on Qobuz ?
Sorry for the stupid questions, I’m new to this.
Thank you
Adrian

Aceofbase yes the owners manual is next to useless , check out function category on this site there you should find multiple questions asked and answered on this very subject and more .

I have done some upgrades to my network to reduce that culprit “noise” dropping the noise floor and increasing sound quality of streamed content way above my expectations.
Adding an exceptionally good dac like you have with the Rose playback of most anything must be a thrill .

You need to press TV button on the upper right corner of mobile app to transfer TV signal to TV

Yeah, that is why I posted a link to your needed tip for ROB who is having issues and some expectations that were not real.

Hello @Rob

Try it as @tomato explained.

If your sceen doesn’t show anything, try the method below.

1. RS250-Settings-Display-HDMI resolution-sellect a lowest resolution
  2. Nowadays, most of the TV has many HDMI port. So please check the external input.

Thank you.

Okay, 9 days into my RS150B experience…

The first few days as I stated are just getting to know the RS150B.

Then looked into Roon VS Rose app. But I don’t really feel there is an SQ difference. I hoped Roon was pre-rendering and the RS150 wouldn’t have to work as hard in de decoding so there would be less jitter overall.

After 4 days I started listening more seriously. Then I thought I was lacking 1 octave of the bass! Very discomforting feeling, start checking more settings. I gave up after a few hours. And thought let’s first get a few more days of use in it(another way to say it, I gave it the change to burn in). So put some extensive hours in the last 2 few days and the bass is back, it still doesn’t go as deep as my moon 280D. But now i don’t miss it the balance. The bass is faster now so i like it. “James Blake - Limit to your love” is a good reference. At least for me.
So is burn in a real thing? I think it is. But that’s just me.

The only thing I can recommend is to put a 100 hours on RS150B and check

Any you owners found a difference after a week plus day of use?

I have no problem playing video files ( music videos , tv shows or movies)
I’m talking about screen mirroring while searching for the music ,folders etc ,
Whatever you do on the Rose screen should show be visible on tv .
Look at the picture.
Rose main menu on display , but on tv is just some screen saver .

[/quote]

well, it doesn’t mirror.

The sound becomes more fluid, soft and full-bodied but I think thirty hours of operation were enough for my experience

1 Like

Hello @Rob

We apologize for any inconvenience caused during use.
Currently, only when playing videos and music, the album cover or video will appear on your TV.
Let me notify you after confirming whether to add or modify screen mirroring.

Thank you

I have my RS 150B now for about 2 Years. In the beginning I was not pleased, cause it sounds a little bit strident. I had the same impression at the High End 2022. The reason why I bought it, was the Concept of Operations, not the sound of the demo. For example Katie Melua´s voice swapt to be really annoying. I was thinking about my equipment and what would be an option to get a more relaxed sound. After thinking about Chinch cable and Power cable, in the end I decided to change the Power cable. The one I used was from Phonosophie and, as I know now, is a little bit analytic. I decided to try out the power cable from bFly Audio, the bPower with Furutech connectors.
The difference in the sound of the RS 150B is astounding. I never thougt you would here such a big difference when you only change a power cable.
Looks like the RS 150B respons to different cables. So try it !!
Best regards Björn

PS: ROSE at The High End 2023 was not better than 2022.
@ROSE: Please look for a more smooth sound ! Also bad recordings should have a chance to sound good.