Ripping problems continued

See the screens for details:

1. Album splitted into 2 folders
  2. Most artists unknown
  3. Missing 1 album (W. Houston CD1)
  4. Album title and songs titles in Korean (W. Houston CD1)
  5. MJ Thriller displays wrong cover

Here is another view with missing album (W. Houston CD1)

The same album in free ripping software, same CD ROM:

Ripped by Rose - all titles are in Japanese:

I am not the only one who has experienced these problems then.

I was hoping that the lastest software updates had addressed these glitches in the CD ripping process.

Most disconcerting is some albums ending up been split in two once ripped and saved to the Rose’s internal SSD drive. And, as we know, we cannot (yet) delete files which have been saved with these errors…

With my CDs (and I ripped hundreds of them…), this was always most likely to happen when an apostrophe/hyphen/accent would be present in the artist name/album title or song title.

@Michal - looking at your screenshots none of your CD albums featured apostrophes/hyphens or accents, so you got lucky with those! Like you, when I would check any of these CDs on any other ripping software, all the info/data looked OK and accurate.

Perhaps @Kevin could kindly look into this area at some stage?

Alessandro,
You can edit SSD files and folders!
Activate Samba connection, set login and password. On your PC open network in file browser, type: \(IP address of your rose), enter login, password and edit whatever you please!

obraz

Thank you @Michal - I use a Mac and when I tried to edit files by accessing the RoseDisk directory on my laptop, any correction I tried to make to the files wasn’t saved to the SSD/RoseDisk directory, so I couldn’t edit, correct all these characters/font/type errors nor - of course - I couldn’t delete the files that had been saved with errors (eg: the albums that ended up been saved in two parts).

I also have the impression this is a low priority issue for the team at Rose at present.

Hi there,
I have the following observation when ripping with the RSA780 CD player on the RS201E. There are albums for which no cover is recognized. In this case I edited the songs manually on the display, but in the background there was all the information from a CD that I had heard earlier. This was no longer in the drive! As a result, the CD was not ripped correctly and is now unnamed on the SSD. I can neither edit nor delete them! There are double CD albums such as Springsteen’s “The River” which was ripped without any problems. I confirmed the album cover for the first CD and then also for the second CD. Everything looked good too. But after ripping only the 2nd CD has a cover, the first CD does not. Whats going on here?
Any ideas?

Thank you!

Just to make sure you did what you should

On your Rose unit:

1. Go to settings → Storage settings
  2. Enable SMB, set login and password

On your PC:
3. Within files browser (NOT internet browser) type \ip of your Rose unit (2x)
4. Type login and password when prompted

Unfortunately I do not have any experience with Macs so no more help from me. It works like a charm on my PC.

Hello Michal,
thanks for your advice.
First part was no problem, but i was’nt able to do this:

On your PC:
3. Within files browser (NOT internet browser) type \ip of your Rose unit (2x)
4. Type login and password when prompted
Where exactly ist the IP-adress to be written?

I can see my RS201 on my computer, i can play music from windows media player on it but i can’t see the ssd on my RS201.

Thank you,
Henry

Hello,

Michal seems to be talking about this.

1 Like

Hi @ROSELOA

I have pointed out this before and I am asking whether ROSE will possibly fix these issues or I will have to keep these errors in my Music Library permanently.

Once again, I am referring to:

1. CDs that have been ripped that have been saved in two parts by the Rose - remarkably, this has also happened with FLAC files transferred from Mac to Rose (so without CD ripping), hinting that this is a Rose software issue - once again, this has been most likely to happen when accent/hyphen/apostrophe/parenthesis/dots/question marks/etc. are present in the Artist/Album/Song

2. Album/Song/Artist name/titles appearing with all sorts of letter/font/character errors (in both the main unit’s display and in the App)

Could please say whether this will be ever fixed/adjusted or - until editing/deleting of saved files will be (eventually) enabled - I have actually to put up with these as they are shown below.

Please advice.

Thank you.

I am having different problems.
Several CDs I have put into the RSA780 bring up some off-the-wall results! Not even close.
And, of course, more and more return “unknown” - for well know commercially released discs.

• you have to zoom in to read them -
1 Like

Hi,

Not having seen any response on this for months, I’d like to ask the Rose team - once again - whether the problems that I have highlighted so many times here are issues you are actively working to fix or if I will have to keep these errors - as they currently show - in my Music Library permanently.

Could you say whether these will ever be fixed or not?

Please answer.

Thank you.

Hello @alessandro

I apologize for the late reply.

Our software team is seriously considering the issue and is working on a solution.
But the bugs keep popping up. It’s been a long time, but we’ll try to solve it as soon as possible.

Thank you

Thank you @ROSEHAN for answering.

Fingers crossed and let’s hope you and your team will find a solution.

1 Like

Hello all,

Thanks for this post and the problem description. I’m new owner of a RS150B and RSE780 and encountering the same issue.

Encouragements to Rose team. Otherwise, greats products!

Seriously,
Had ( have) a Sony HAP-z1 and ripping cds on rare occasions wasn’t able to identify artist and album. Can’t believe such a modern feature rich product such as the HIFI Rose RS150B cannot tap into meta data and other data bases to identify CD’s so I can have a library of my store bought CD’s to enjoy. so dissatisfied as otherwise it sounds great but guessing it’s only a streamer? Sad