Rosetube has stopped playing songs for longer than 1 min

Hi,
The saved playlists from rosetube has stopped playing songs longer than 1 min. Previously it used to play the whole song that rosetube searcged from youtube? Has something changed? Fyi, pais subscriptions such as qobuz and tidal are ok, no problem with those. Thanks

1 Like

Fyi, i am a user from bangladesh. I could play the whole songs on rosetube playlists, but it stopped about a month ago. Now the song only plsys for 1 min and then stops. Its happening to all rosetube songs collected from youtube

@Riadnpoly

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please click the link below. If you update according to the link, Rosetube will operate normally.

Thank you

Wow! Excellent! Thank you for your EXTREMELY prompt reply and rigjt fix. Rosetube is one of the primary reason why i bought the high end streamer. Now i am going to buy one for my office as well, seeing that your customer service really works. Your services are 95% like roon. If i didnt have the roon nucleus, i would have stopped subscribed to roon. Thanks once again…

I am still having this problem on 150b. Running RoseTube SW version 46.6.06.42.

Rose Tube the main reason I bought the device.

After 1 minute videos stop playing.

Please help.

EDIT: I successfully solved the issue by taking the following steps:

Update the RoseConnect Premium App in the Iphone/Apple app store

On the physical touch screen display of the Rose 150B, select the Rose Store. Then, under RoseTube, click ’ Update.

Then power off the Rose 150B completely via the app. Then Unplug the power cord for a few seconds, then plug it back in, turn on the device and it should work.

@gemoody

Hello

There was an update for Rosetube.

Please follow the update method below.

Please check if Rose device–>RoseStore–>Rosetube is updated to the latest version.
The latest version is 4.6.06.43.

Hi - I am also experiencing this RoseTube pause after 1 minute on my RS130. Running RoseTube 4.6.07.42.

Any ideas/suggestions please?

@PhilHan

There was an update for Rosetube.

Please follow the update method below.

Please check if Rose device–>RoseStore–>Rosetube is updated to the latest version.
The latest version is 4.15.12.45.

@ROSEHAN
Thanks for the reply - interesting though I’m only on Rosetube 4.6.07.42 and it says there is no update available.

NB: I’ve only had the 130 for 3 days now - but there was a VLC upgrade available last night which ran successfully - suggesting my access to the Rosestore is working.

Could it be a regional issue (I’m in New Zealand) or I wonder if I have a firewall rule blocking access - but then then VLC upgrade wouldn’t have run surely.

@PhilHan

Based on your current symptoms, it appears that your RS130 or RoseConnect app is not up to date.

1. Has RS130 been updated to the latest version?
    Please tell us the version information at RS130–>Settings–>System Info–>System version information. 4.15 (Official) is the latest version, but if it is not the latest version, an update button will appear on the right. Then click the update button to update to the latest version.
  2. Delete and reinstall your RoseConnectPremium app.

@ROSEHAN - thank you again for your very prompt reply, great service thank you.

Looks like it is firewall related, I set up a temporary rule to allow my Rose pretty wide access and straight away the Rose let me know an upgrade was available, which I have now installed. That in turn bought up the RoseTube upgrade option (as well as all of the other apps), which I have now upgraded.
A message also appreaed on the Rose screen (dated October 2023) saying the upgrade was available.
So all seems to be flowing now that the firewall is more open.

I’ll review the logs, and work out what the correct configuration needs to be - I see there are many requests on a specific port, so likely that was the issue. Do you publish your port requirements for the upgrade services ?

Thanks for your help.

BTW, put on a youtube video - and it went passed the 1 min magic cutoff - ran smoothly for 5 mins :slight_smile: