RS150b: Copying USB Drive, Listening to all Music Fimes

Two questions on the RS150b, an amazing machine.

1. How can I copy the files on my external USB SDD to my internal drive? When the media scan is complete the files on the external drive appear in a separate file for that drive and are not accessible when the drive is disconnected. How do I copy to the RS150?
  2. I would like to be able to listen to all the songs/files in my music library rather than have to listen by artist or album. Is there a simple way to do that?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Are you talking about moving and copying files between storage connected to RS150B?
I’m sorry, but moving and copying files in ROSE OS is impossible.
You can do it in PC.
Check the link, and don’t forget to allow SMBv1 for your Windows/MAC.

1. We are considering adding the feature you mentioned, but not yet. You can play the song you want after putting it in the queue.

Thank you,

Thanks for the response.
It takes a bit of doing but it is possible to copy from a Mac ( or PC) over the network by SMB, but if you are copying a large library, as I am, it would take days, so if you could work on a feature to copy rather than merely scan an external hard drive that would be a huge improvement.
It would also be a very nice option to be able to play the whole library by song rather than by artist, album or genre.
Beautiful machine.

1 Like

It’s August 2022 now and apparently still no way to copy music files from a USB hard drive connected to a 150 onto an internal SSD hard drive installed in the 150. Please let us know if Rose is going to update the 150 software to allow us to do that, or at least to connect a PC directly to the 150 via a USB cable (i.e., not through a network).

Thank you

1 Like