Spotify Connect

Hi everyone, a newbie to HiFi Rose - just received my new RS150 and have a couple of questions. I cannot find the icon for Spotify Connect - am I missing something? I can play Spotify OK but the BT remote doesn’t change tracks for me. Thank you

Hello,

1. With the Spotify Connect problem,
    Spotify is not IN-APP. HIFIROSE supports Spotify as ‘Spotify Connect’.
    You have to use Spotify APP to use Spotify, not ROSE APP.
    How to use Spotify Connect
    About Spotify Connect

2. With the BT remote problem,

Spotify cannot support Prev/Next.
It’s not a technical issue, Spotify didn’t allow us to use this feature.

When I first received Spotify Connect certification, I applied for certification including all functions such as Prev/Next and Shuffle/Repeat.
However, the Hi-Fi Rose product was classified (?) as a product group in which the use of the corresponding function was not allowed, so the function was removed and re-certification was applied and passed.

We’ve sent several request emails to add, but nothing has been done yet.
If we get permission in the future, we will support that function.
thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply…much appreciated.
I understand about the remote, just disappointed as my previous streamers (Naim and Cambridge Audio brands has Spotify Connect built in and also the remotes controlled everything. Seems like a very strange ruling by Spotify as you can pause and play but cannot select the next or previous track!! I just don’t like having to use a phone all the time. Anyway, hopefully that might change in the future.
Kind regads, Denis

We hope so too. We will notify you when there is an update about it.

Yes; I fully agree with @dendypopzarlis. Mostly I prefer to use the remote control rather than the phone/tab.
I would assume Rose would be doing something wrong or may not be willing to pay the license fee (if there any) as every other device support Spotify. In fact that’s one streaming App I see it on majority of the device and they all work transparently.

@ROSELOA

Same issue, not able to play Spotify through Rose RS 150, the following message is displayed under device ROSE - C8 “Playback Restricted”, any solution? thank you in advance for your reply.

Well, do understand the situation and it’s not completely Rose fault. But I believe there will be a reason for Spotify to classify in certain category. If so, shouldn’t Rose try to address them first and then follow up with Spotify? I doubt any promising results can happen just over repeated emails :wink:

Yes. me too. There is Tidal app directly on the Rose screen but on Tidal app, there is not way to control on phone. This is so strange.

Hello @timseattle

It is not possible to control Hi-Fi Rose device from Tidal Connect app.

If you are using RS150/RS250/RS201, you can go to the store where you can download the app, download RoseConnectPremium, and then you can control your device.

Thank you

The Rose Connect App is not good. Everyone and even reviews have been trying to tell Rose.
There are too many problems and UI is terrible. That is the problem. Tidal Connect is simple just like Spotify Connect. I guess I am going to return this unit if there is no future support. Software is more important to me.