SSD hard disk 4TB format in device and iMAC

Hello guys, I have problem with my iMAC and SSD hard disk 4TB 870EVO Samsung in device ROSE 150B. I cant record files from my iMAC HDD to SSD hard disk in ROSE. I see SSD as rose-5C but I dont have copy rights. it requires a password from me to connect. Please some advice I am a novice as RS150B as iMAC. Many thanks for help. I like to use SSD for copy my music from iMAC HDD.

MAC OS WebDav Access

On the RS150B go to ‘Settings’ > Storage Settings and enable ‘Webdav ID/PW settings. Choose a username and password for this - note them for later.

You will need to know the IP address of your Rose RS150B and insert it in place of where I show mine below - replace 192.168.25.160 with your own.

From your iMAC / MACbook desktop:

1. Use ‘Finder’
  2. From the menubar select ‘Go’ >> Connect To Server >> and enter the following:
    http://192.168.25.160:8080/webdav
    replacing ‘192.168.25.160’ with your own ROSE RS150B IP address.
  3. When the ‘Unsecured Connection’ window pops up, select ‘Connect’.
  4. Now enter your Username and Password as setup above for the RS150 Webdav settings.
    Also tick ‘Remember this password in my keychain’ so you iMAC remembers these login details.

You should see two folders on your iMAC: ‘cifs’ and ‘ROSEDISK’ - copy your iMAC music files across to the ROSEDISK folder - you should have read/write access.

1 Like

Many thanks Woorlord for your help.
My knowledge is only up to a certain point of mastery. The next week I will call a friend who will set it up for me according to your procedure. I believe that I will be happy … I have been suffering from this problem since I bought the device. I believe it will work. Once again, thank you very much.
I found this link but it’s probably for Windows setup, I’ll stick with yours for MAC.

Thanks for the detailed guide for Mac users. Would highly appreciate if you could share similar guidance for Windows users. Much thanks!

Windows WebDav Access:

On the RS150B go to ‘Settings’ > Storage Settings and enable ‘Webdav ID/PW settings. Choose a username and password for this - note them for later.

You will need to know the IP address of your Rose RS150B and insert it in place of where I show mine below - replace 192.168.25.160 with your own.

(A) From your Windows 10 desktop,

1. Select ‘File Explorer’
  2. Find ‘This PC’ in the left window pane and right click on it
  3. Select ‘Map Network Drive…’
  4. Choose a spare drive letter, like ‘R:’
  5. In the folder field, type: http://192.168.25.160:8080/webdav
    replacing ‘192.168.25.160’ with your own ROSE RS150B IP address.
  6. Tick ‘Reconnect at sign-in’
  7. Tick ‘Connect using different credentials’
  8. Click on ‘Finish’
  9. Now enter your Username and Password as setup above for the RS150 Webdav settings.
    Also tick ‘Remember my credentials’ so you PC remembers these login details.

You should see a new mapped drive under the drive letter you selected above, e.g. ‘R:’
There will be two folders on your PC under the drive letter: ‘cifs’ and ‘ROSEDISK’ - copy your PC music files across to the ROSEDISK folder - you should have read/write access.

(B) If this does not work then you need to check a Windows registry setting as follows:

1. Left click the Windows icon bottom left of your desktop toolbar & type ‘Regedit’
  2. Confirm ‘Yes’ to run ‘Regedit’
  3. Within RegEdit, locate the following directory:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters
  4. Locate the value ‘BasicAuthLevel’
    The value data box should be set to 2.
  5. If the value is not 2, right-click it and then select ‘Modify’
  6. Change the value to ‘2’.
  7. Close the RegEdit Window and reboot.
  8. Repeat the initial steps above from (A)

Thanks for the detailed advice. I will try out during the weekend.
Here’s wishing you and everyone a restful weekend ahead!