Suggestions for improvement of RS 250

Here are the next requests:

1. DB Scanning - by the time it takes one could think we are back to Windows ‘95 and the beloved hour glass!!!

2. The transfer of data from external drives takes days for 2 TB??? Really?

3. Editing of the the Metadata & images should be enabled on the iPad (phone, etc.) during the ripping process as working on the small keyboard on the screen is a joke!!!

4. Why can one not edit the image of an album in the library at a later stage unless it is done via computer?

5. Why is it when multi-discs albums when they are transferred from an external drive get put into one big container EVEN SO THEY ARE CLEARLY SEPARATED AND TAGGED AS CD 1, CD 2 and so on……? It means you have one cover image and about 60+ songs as one album.

6. Oh not to forget! SMB 1.0 - that’s going back to the Stone Age!! Ah, this is not a safe protocol!!

7. Why is it not possible to select an album by artist and only by name of the album??? That’s not really hard to do, innit???

So much for now……
Bruno

5 Likes

This is really a big issue that is keeping potential buyers away from these Rose products.
There are even reports here of some owners willing to sell their units because of that.
It’s really unacceptable that Rose did not yet found a solution for the DB Scanning eternity process…

3 Likes

This is it, we look forward to it. But not only for RS250 also for other machines (RS150b, RS520 etc)

1 Like

I feel my RS 250 was developed by china, or worse, always looking for other alternative.

1 Like

In case of your Question 5.

For example, if you have four CDs and they all have the same album name, the cover image will be a single one.

If you want to give the different cover images to 4 CDs, they must have different album names.
This is not a Rose issue, it’s true on any device.

Ryan

In case of Q #1 and #2

In my case, it took about 30 minutes for DB scanning 70GB.
Converting to 2TB, it would take 878 minutes, or just over 14 hours.

I’m not their spokesperson, but I’m guessing this is similar speed to other devices.
But sure it may vary for the device types and versions. (USB, SSD, HDD…)
(As the speed of transferring songs to USB for my car is more miserable).

Importantly, I think they need to consider a major DB structure change to manage more songs and increase speed.

Ryan

They have different names! For instance - CSN Box Set - CD 1, CSN Box Set - CD 2 and so on. Also, from the Olive 4 HD up to the Naim Core, none of these units had any problems with multi-disc albums! And having to have different covers is a bit silly! When you buy one of these box sets - how many covers does it have? Exactly! Therefore I am sorry for having to disagree with you.

Yes, I agree with the need for using a different database structure. I still do not agree to the time it takes for a rescan - ESPECIALLY since the damn thing does want to do a FULL rescan after each album you add!!!

Oh, and by the way - these four albums had different covers :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

It’s one thing to have 4 CDs in an album, it’s another to have multiple albums in a box set.
I was referring to the former.

The folder structure is as follows: Crosby, Stills & Nash/CSN Box Set/ CSN Box Set - CD 1, CSN Box Set - CD 2, and so on. Once again, if the Olive 4 HD could handle that some 11 years ago and later even the Naim Core (and their software is absolutely crap) then I simply expect it from an utterly expensive little box to handle it. Ok?

I have a Naim Atom with exactly the same SSD 1TB content attached and the DB Scanning is done in a matter of minutes while my Rose-201 just takes an eternity do do the same…! Unacceptable !

1 Like

I totally agree!! Probably next software update :lying_face::lying_face::lying_face::lying_face: