Wave Files and no metadata

Hello,

i Have a large amount of CD converted on wave files on my RS201, i hadded the covers inside each folder but there no way to edit the metatda that are umpty to add artist name and other informations that could help when searching.

would it be possible to edit the database to add these infomations or export / import possibility of the database in XML form to edit the content on a computer?
Would be possible to add the function to rose-connect ?

would be very nice… converting all my wav file to AIFF files seems to be a big pain to do.

Thanks

Fabrice

Hello,

The recommended method for now is to connect to the SSD of the RS201 wirelessly from a computer and edit the files. It will be more convenient and faster to use a computer to edit a lot of information.
It is still possible to edit few data from RoseConnectPremium APP, such as title, artist, composer and genre but not as easy as PC.

Check this link and try to connect your PC and RS201. You will be able to see files in RS201 via PC.

Hello,

SMB share is ok.

My problem is i can’t edit anything. Always having Unknown for the artist.

What are the rules for editing?

My folder layout is artist name and subfolders are albums names.
should i do it a different way ?

Since standard WAV files do not support meta information, even Rose does not support meta information for WAV files so far.
However, in order to enable WAV files to include meta information, various software is making and using separate standards, and among them, meta information is increasingly being loaded in the INFO area.

For now, you better use edit tool program such as ‘mp3tag’.
Edit the artist name with the tool, and then Rescan your DB with ROSE.
Than you will be able to see the artist name.

Hello,

Thank you for the advice using “mp3tag”. This is exactly what i needed!
Job done, working well.

Fabrice