10 Sec play on Music

My Tidal app and any music just plays for 10 secs and stops also play icon doesn’t change to pause.
Thanks Billy

Playing Roon from my local library it says not enough bandwidth to play music.

All my Tidal,Roon,Amazon apps play on my MacMini.
Thanks Billy

Plugging directly into the router seem to fix the problem.

@Billyboy

Once I read your post, I think it’s your network problem.
Let me ask you a few questions.

1. Which Rose device are you using?
  2. When playing a sound source, did you play it from the Rose device? Or did you play form the RoseConnect app?
  3. When playing on the Rose device or the RoseConnect app, does the music stop appearing after 10 seconds of playback?
  4. If there is an SSD or USB sound source, does the sound source cut off after 10 seconds of playback?

Please reply

I’m using the 150B. I tried to play it from both the device and my app. Yes the music app remains the same, doesn’t change. Same on the device.
There is no SSD or USB sound source.
As soon as I removed the Ethernet switch the 150B started to work.
My house is wired with Cat 5, but I have a switch in the garage and one in the music room. I have a new modem/ router so I don’t think that’s the problem. I have 40mbps service. Somewhere the frames are slowing down. I could try WiFi. Now I’m just plugging and unplugging my RJ 45 cable. Manual switch method. Ha,ha.
Billy

I replaced the Ethernet switch in the garage with a gigabit switch, it’s better now but still stops and starts. So there are two gigabit switches between the modem and the 150B. Anybody got any ideas?
Billy

It doesn’t matter playing from the 150B or the Rose App, it still buffers or starts and stops. The 150B not happy about something.
Billy

The RJ 45 input to the 150B the left light blinks at 1 sec intervals, the left light is yellow. Netgear lights on the switch are both green. Netgear info is yellow light means slow speed. Does anybody know why?

Hello Billyboy, connect the RS150 to the router and switch on a hi-fi switch directly in front of the device. I use an Audio Silente Bonn-N8. Since then I haven’t had any more problems.

Matterhorn, thanks for the advice. Yesterday I couldn’t connect with Ethernet at all. I’m going to try WiFi today.
My other devices don’t have an issue.
Thanks Billy

I gave up Ethernet using WiFi, everything seems to work.
Billy.

Rosehan, I have up dated my Internet connection to 1 Gig. The 150b still doesn’t play. It works on WiFi but not the Cat 5 connection. I’ve enclosed some photos of the connection

Do you have any ideas?

@Billyboy
When I looked at the 1,2 pictures, it was confirmed that they were connected to the same IP. There seems to be no problem using RoseConnectapp.

Looking at the picture, it seems that Cat 5 connection means Ethernet connection. If so, I have a few questions for you.

1. Can’t connect RoseConnectapp and RS150B when connected via Ethernet? Or is it connected, but not playing music?

2. Try rebooting your router

3. After deleting the RoseConnect app, reinstall it.

Try the above and let me know if it doesn’t work.

Thank you

Rosehan,

1. The Rose Connect app was very slow connecting to the 150b.
  2. Not playing music on Tidal. Just a spinning blue circle.
  3. I did delete the Rose Connect App and reinstalled it.
    Thanks Billy.

@Billyboy

Would the problem have been resolved?

Can you use it by connecting with the RoseConnect app even when connected via Ethernet?

Thank you

RoseHan, the 150b doesn’t work on wired Ethernet. It works on WiFi. Will try and return for repair.
Thanks Billy

@Billyboy

This doesn’t seem like a problem that can be fixed with a repair.

When RS150B is connected through Ethernet and connected to the RoseConnect app, the connection is established, but does the connection fail? Or is it not connecting from the beginning?

Are you using Wi-Fi Modem instead of a Wi-Fi router?
If you have both a Wi-Fi router and Wi-Fi Modems, it seems to be solved if you connect in the order of Wi-Fi Modem → Wi-Fi Router → Rose.

Thank you

RoseHan
My new Fiber service is a Modem/Router. The Router is connected to a Mesh WiFi network.

The brown RJ 45 cable is the direct connection to the Rose 150b. The Silver Device on the wall plug is the mesh WiFi.
The 150b is discovered with the Rose Connect App using the WiFi connection on the 150b. The music plays thru Tidal App.
When the hard wire connection is made to the 150b. The 150b says Rose connection Failed but after serveral minutes the Rose Connect App shows the 150b is connected but Tidal app won’t play music.
Thanks Bill

RoseHan
The 150b played from the Ethernet for about 15 secs then the blue circle was spinning and no music played. I’ve enclosed a picture of the rear of the 150b

RoseHan
With the latest update 4.4.2 the Ethernet plays for 5 secs then buffers and then plays again. So things are better but not fixed.
Thanks Billy

@Billyboy

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We will identify the issue and fix it quickly. Until then, please connect to Wi-Fi and use it.

Thank you

Rosehan, the NIC card was defective. Replaced now Ethernet is working.
Thanks Billy