150b is not a network player

Hi,

The reason I bought my 150b is to stream my own NAS music. I use my Qnap NAS for my business. So, unfortunately, I cannot use use the very unsafe SMB1 function. But even when I take the risk and do so, it is impossible. A friend of mine is a software engineer and electronics developer, we gave it a shot, but sadly nothing via smb or ftp.

Soundwise, rosetube, qubus, everything is very satisfying. But no network connection makes me very unhappy. Anyone able to use it in a stable way as a network player in combination with a qnap nas?

Further:
1.the VU meters are way too slow compared to my real life accuphase amps.
2. every 200 dollar Chinese android carradio has a 16 band equalizer…why not on a 4 grand audioplayer?

Interested to see your replies!

But… it has supported SMB2 for a while now.

Not familiar with QNAP, but other than the music database creation and updates being atrociously slow, as we all know, Rose has no problem playing musioc stored on a Synology NAS. Should be the same for QNAP.

Thanks for your reply. You gave me the power to give it another go, but with no results. I have tried to tweak the qnap settings a little and will give it another go tomorrow. Maybe there are other QNAP HIFIROSE owners ? I have been reading that only smb1 is supported…

Well, we’d need to know: are you on the latest Rose firmware? How is QNAP set up?

If it helps any here are my Synology settings:

and

I can access files from Rose (250 and 520, but SMB software should be identical) with no issues…

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply. The firmware is the most recent one.

I am going to try and copy the info you gave as much as possible to my situation. I forgot to mention that I also have an old iomega / lenovo nas with plenty of space for my music.
If I don’t succeed connecting to the qnap I have a spare option that’s worth trying. Nice thing to do in the Christmas holiday :wink:

Update: I have been trying to fill the 150b with the password etc of the qnap and iomega, but it keeps telling me that it fails… No problem accessing them with a windows pc…

I will keep you informed! Have a wonderful Christmas!
Hans

Good luck!

I seem to recall there being posts here that Rose might have a problem with spaces in passwords or something similar.

Since the several recent firmware releases do support SMB2, maybe, once you make sure all global QNAP settings are good, you can create a dedicated login on the NAS with access only to your music folder, and rather simple login and password? Check if that works…

Merry Christmas!