24hr clock versus 12hr clock, date and more

Almost all (9 out of 10!) built in clock layouts in the Hifi Rose streamers are in 12 hr AM/PM clock system. Why is this not user settable as a 12 or 24hr clock? When this is difficult, can you make some extra 24 hr clocks to select from?

According to Wikipedia: “…The 24-hour clock enjoys broad everyday usage in most non-English speaking countries, at least when time is written or displayed…” “…In most English-speaking regions, particularly the United States and the Commonwealth the 12-hour clock is the predominant form of stating the time…”

Same goes for the way the date is presented: “mm-dd-yyyy” vs “dd-mm-yyyy” can’t this too be a user selectable field?

And last question about this subject; can you add the translation of the seven “days” and twelve “months” next to only the English variant as it is now?

@Evert1966

Hello

1. There is a function to change the 12hr AM/PM clock system to 0hr~24hr.
    You can turn Rose device–>Settings–>Date and Time–>Use 24-hour format on or off.

2. Requested to add “mm-dd-yyyy” vs “dd-mm-yyyy” to allow users to set it.

3. I didn’t understand your last question.
    Please explain in a bit more detail.

Thank you

Thanks for your reply!
I can see why I couldn’t find the 12-24hr setting. The dutch translation for “Use 24 hour format” in the Rose 250 is: “De inloggegevens zijn niet correct” The English translation for that is: “The login details are incorrect” So wrong translation in Dutch!
IMG_3321
IMG_3322

My third question in other words:
Is it possible to translate the words: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/…mon/tue/wen/… January/February /March/…jan/feb/mar… etc. into the translated languages like German/Dutch/French?

Kind Regards.

@Evert1966

As for the last question, I’ll check if it’s possible to add it and let you know.

Have a great day

Btw: The right translation for “Use 24-hour format” in Dutch is:
“Gebruik 24-uurs formaat”

@Evert1966

This content will be corrected soon. Thank you for requesting a correct translation.

Thank you

The alarm clock is poorly designed. I would like to use it in the bedroom but:

• programming the alarm time needs to go deep into the setup - should be available quickly directly from the clock view with a very easy setup (large menu operable in a few simple clicks).
  • the nearest alarm time should be visible together with the main clock
  • when the clock activates the music there should be automatically clock display visible - when I wake up I cannot check what time it is and I have to use another clock.
  • The snooze function is difficult to activate. While in snooze mode, the clock view should be displayed automatically so one could check how much time still is left to get up.

@Jazz01

We will organize your comments and correct the parts that need to be fixed.

Thank you

I am a bit dissapointed that simple translation corrections are not yet implemented in one of the recent software updates, can’t be that difficult imo?

@Evert1966

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I requested a correction, but it seems that it was not reflected due to priority.
We will request a correction once again.

Thank you

1 Like