A few days later - Things that need to improve

I’ve been using my RS150 for 2 weeks now and while it’s a good product, there are some aspects that needs improvement:

• No Daylight savings support. I live in Belgium which due to DST it’s now GMT+2, however on the device there’s no such feature hence i had to select a different timezone than the normal one, which is GMT+1 with DST. It’s an inconvenience as i have to switch it back to the correct timezone whenever DST changes.

• Wather widget - needs to support more locations. For Belgium only 2 cities are listed. True Belgium is a small country but still, w

• Pops and clicks when changing outputs. When changing voltages on XLR (already mentioned) there are pops. Wen changing from analog to digital or even USB, on the analog outputs there are pops, etc.

• AK DAC Filter changing - how was this not present from the start. I understand from other threads this will be implemented in the next version, it will be a great addition for those who don’t really like the bright sound of AK dacs with certain filters

• I would really like to see USB powerdown of the ports in standby mode. Or at least a setting to enable/disable. In my previous threads i was told this is not possible. Too bad because …

• It would be good to have some sort of external equipment control. Due to the lack of 12v trigger support, this could have been worked around via USB power, but since the ports are not powered down during shutdown … This would have been a very useful addition to such versatile (and expensive) prtoduct already

• Better handling of network connectivity issues. If internet connection is down, in certain situations, the main display keeps showing a notification about internet not being available, which is very annoying.

• Some other network level issues i will not get into details here, PM me for more information

• Improved support for external DACs, that’s another thread i’ve already opened.

Overall i’m happy with the device, i just want it to get even better :slight_smile:

Hello,

Thank you for your sincere feedback. It maybe difficult to support everything right now, but we will improve functions that are possible one by one.

Thank you again.

Hi Synologic,

Thank you for your feedback.

1. No Daylight savings support.
    We plan to support a daylight saving option in the near future.
    We will allow the user to turn on/off the corresponding option or set the appropriate time offset.

2. Wether widget
    Currently, only representative cities are supported, but we plan to gradually add cities.
    However, it is difficult to support too many cities, so we are adding cities from those countries in consultation with local dealers.
    If you tell us the name of the city in Belgium you would like to add, we will help you apply.

3. Pops and clicks when changing outputs.
    Let’s check it out more and try to find the cause.
    It seems to be improved by muting the analog output before conversion

4. AK DAC Filter changing
    We plan to support 6 DAC Filter settings in the next update.

• [1] Sharp Roll-off filter
  • [2] Slow Roll-off filter
  • [3] Short Delay Sharp Roll-off filter
  • [4] Short Delay Slow Roll-off filter - MQA
  • [5] Super Slow Roll-off filter
  • [6] Low Dispersion Short Delay filter
  1. I would really like to see USB powerdown of the ports in standby mode.
    Although USB port power control is possible, it requires a lot of testing to be applied in practice.
    We will review internally whether USB power control is allowed as a user option in the future

2. It would be good to have some sort of external equipment control.

Although it is impossible to apply to current products, we will consider external equipment control when planning new products in the future.

1. Better handling of network connectivity issues.
    We will make improvements to better reflect the state of internet connection.

2. Some other network level issues i will not get into details here, PM me for more information
    Please send me email.

3. Improved support for external DACs, that’s another thread i’ve already opened.
    Support for USB DAC has been further improved in the next patch.
    In particular, there are improvements in Native DSD support.

Thank you.

Hi Kevin,
i have sent you a PM with the details, hope that helps :slight_smile:

For the USB Powerdown, that would be really sweet. Considering my previous thread regarding the external USB dac, it would also be nice to have an option to delay the power control, as you recommended that the external dac needs to be powered up after the rose is back from sleep mode.

This will really help people with external dacs which are controlled by USB Power, like mine (Musician Audio Pegasus)

I am really looking forward for the DAC Filter support. :slight_smile:

About the weather, i believe adding cities one by one, per request is not very feasible, would be easier to use a publicly available service to get weather data, either directly from the device or from your backend server. Besides, the two cities listed in Belgium are pretty much in the same area and not very representative. Weather in Belgium is really weird, you can get a sunny day in one place, and heavy rain 50 km away :slight_smile:

Muting the analog output before any changes on the device is always a good practice, i’d hate to see the ROSE blow up my Klipsch Cornwall speakers.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi,

I read your feedbacks and was wondering if the pops/clicks when changing outputs is something that is happening on more RS150 devices or just unfortunately your device? If it is a global thing, is the issue addressed on the RS150b or able to solve via an update?

Regards,
Jeffrey

Not sure, i read about other users having the same issue.

In the end, since i don’t like the sound of AKM DAC, i ended up using an external R2R DAC which sounds better for me :slight_smile:

@Freeextreme Unfortunately the answer is no, the pops and clicks are not gone.

@ROSELOA Is it so difficult to implement a ‘mute first’ event before turning on/off or changing source? As it’s quite present, didn’t you notice yourself this when developing the device?

@synologic I noticed that the implemented daylight savings switch is not automatically keeping the time correct. So yesterday it was on, today I had to manually switch it off to get the correct time.

@ROSELOA Please change the DST to automatic instead of manual. Just like my Mac and my PC showed a correct time this morning, nothing to change manually.

I just setup mine yesterday. I am getting a loud pop with any switching of inputs, power on/off, and unit reboot. This is super annoying! I’m worried about my ribbon tweeters.

HifiHandyman

I’ve noticed a ‘pop’ when I turn the unit on (RS250). This was after the update - was not there before…