Ability to revert from Early Access and restore history

I love the ability given to us by HiFi Rose to try out the Early Access versions. As a bonus it would be really nice not to lose all of one’s history to test out the Early Access. Would you please consider giving us the ability to revert back to the current software version complete with our history as it was before investigating the Early Access.

StandardModel

@StandardModel

Even if you use the EA version, you can roll back to the 4.19 Official version.

Rosehan,

I know that you can roll back to the Official Version but I thought that when I do roll back that my history, favorites and other settings are erased so that I must start over as if it is a new install and all my previous settings will be gone.
Is this incorrect? In other words are you saying that if I try the Early Access then go back to the Official Version, all of my history and settings will be restored?

StandardModel

@StandardModel

If you use the EA version and roll back to the official version, settings or input/output settings will be reset.
However, playlists or favorites are saved in your Rose account and are not deleted.

Rosehan,

Thank you. My greatest concern is history. Am I correct that history will be wiped out if you leave the Official Version for the Early Access and then return to the Official Version?

StandardModel

It’s true. All data will be deleted and only the playlists and favorites will be retained.
Why are the subscribed podcasts also reset?
There is only one solution for me now: a number of print screens are now needed
to be able to retain this data…???

It’s not enough to just keep playlists and favorites.
Make sure that this data from the rosepodcasts is included in the backup.

ARey11,

One of the great features of HiFi Rose and in particular RoseConnect is the various way in which a user’s history is collected, collated and displayed. I have a great deal of history which is very useful to me. I am reluctant to sacrifice that history in order to test the Early Access software. I would very much appreciate the ability to retain the complete history when I revert from Early Access to the Official Version.

StandardModel