Access to NAS on home network (RS150b)

Actually Rose supports more than SMB1 now, you simply set minimum SMB1 and Max SMB3 with a new login id , and it did the trick

It worked for me as well. I deleted all old log-ins, databases, etc on the Rose. Then I created a new user group and a new user on my QNAP server and changed SMB back to 1 low, 3 high (it doesn’t like that since smb 1 is not considered safe). I then created a fresh path to my QNAP music folder directly on the Rose screen and voila, for the first time in almost 2 years I saw ‘progressing’ when selecting ‘start.a new scan’. It scans slowly, but I am now up to 1400 songs out of 20,000. I will just let it run. Will report back if I run into any more issues. Update: scanning finished successfully and I am playing my own music right now. 2nd update: changes SMB back to low 2, high 3 on my QNAP and still all plays fine.

1 Like

Glad it is all working now.

Seems to be previous accounts/paths that can be a. problem for whatever reason?

1 Like

I am not sure as I can access my Synology with Audirvana and Cary Audio without any issue. I was misled by outdated information that Rose only support SMB1 and I set my Synology to SMB1 Only at the time. Once Rose told me that they now support SMB2, I set my NAS to SMB1 min and SMB3 max and create a new user for my RS520. It worked