Addition of Plex access?

Is there any chance that the Rose would add Plex to there operating system? Many people use Plex or would like to as it’s free compared to Roon. I feel it would mutually beneficial for present Rose users and attractive to potential new ones.

1 Like

What a good idea because not everyone wants to pay 15 euro/month for roon. Especially when you buy a such expensive machine. Rose connect is full of bugs and really not intuitive.

I use plexamp to stream my music via airplay but the problem is : with the rose remote control you can’t pause or go to next or previous track (so strange because i use also a nad m10-v2 and i can control plexamp with the nad remote).

4 Likes

It would also allow full DLNA service as I have a music server on my PC that I could then access.

Also it would be nice if the RS250A software allows you to connect and use TwonkyServer resources on the NAS in your home network. My old Pioneer N-70A could do it. This meant that the database in the RS250A did not have to be recreated each time a disc was added. In my case it takes an awful lot of time, because I have over 16 thousand songs on the server. TwonkyServer updates the list of albums and tracks in the background using NAS resources, so that the streamer always has an up-to-date list of albums and songs and does not waste time updating it.

1 Like

I asked for this years ago. Even my raspberry pi could do it. I bought the Rs250 because it said it was DLNA compatible. I ditched my raspberry pi, paid for the RS250 only to find I could’nt access all the files stored on my PC. I then had to splash out more cash to get an SSD drive to store my music on the Rose. Even then It’s just in file order rather than being able to sort by album or album artist etc.