Airplay with iPhone having glitches and stutter on playback

Hi,

I recently use AirPlay for music playback and found out there is a lot of glitches and stutter, but unsure which device actually is the root of cause.

It was tested on

1. HiFi Rose RS150B with firmware version 4.7
  2. HiFi Rose RS201E with firmware version 4.7

playback via these devices

1. iPhone 14 Pro, iOS version 16.5.1
  2. iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS version 16.6
  3. iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS version 16.5.1

Playback source are mainly YouTube, Spotify AirPlay mode (for verify purpose) and local files from Apple Music. Apple Music has a lot lesser glitches but still often happening. Distance between devices is around 1-5 meters, both devices at very close distance does not improve the situation.

Can help to check the issue?

@Yeong

Thanks for passing on your test results. I will forward your message to our contact person.

We recommend that you play the sound source directly on the Rose device rather than connecting to Airplay. That way you can hear better sound quality.

Thank you

@ROSEHAN

Thanks for your prompt response and recommendation.

I use Airplay for quick and convenient purpose for short music clip sharing with friends.
Serious listening will always stick on Tidal or local NAS files.

That’s the beauty of HiFi Rose streamer.

Hello,

I hope to check

1. Do you feel no glitch when you play music without Airplay?
  2. Let’s say you’ve played a Youtube for example with Airplay. Can you feel the glitch at the same point every time you play the same video?
  3. Is Bluetooth turned on in your Rose streamer? If so, would you turn it off and try again?
  4. If possible, can you take a short video of the glitch and send it to my email?
    (khj94@citech.kr)

Best Regards,

@ROSELOA

1. No glitch without Airplay.
  2. The glitch happens randomly, does not seemed related to the actual source or internet connection.
  3. Unfortunately, turn off does not solve the glitch problem.
  4. Video sent

Hello,

Thank you very much for the video.
Seems like the issue is from Rose software. Software team is working on it, I will bring good news with next update.

Greatly appreciated for the quick update.