Analog output doesn't work when USB input is used - RS250

When using as a USB dac with mac-mini, I am not able to select analog output. Optical in works fine. What’s interesting is that when USB in is selected, analog out, coax out and optical out all three gets checked and when I try to set it to analog only, a message is thrown that says: change the usb-in and try again.

Has anyone run into this issue? Any suggestions that I can try?

thanks

@andy

Before using USB IN, enable the analog output first and press USB IN.

Thank you

@ROSEHAN

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that doesn’t work either. Everytime I select USB-in, all three outputs get selected. optical, coax and analog out. No sound when using usb-in.

I have also tried factory reset and same issue.

thanks

1 Like

Hello @andy

1. Is the connection normal as in the picture above?
  2. Is the volume turned down by any chance?

Thank you

@ROSEHAN Thanks for your reply. The volume was set to 50% for some reason. Once I set it to 100% it started working! Also it seems that the balance slider needs to be at center. No sound comes if it’s off center towards right or left. Strange.

Good to know what to check next time.

thank you

I have the same problem, I have a 2012 MacMini with 10.13.6 software. The Audio MIDI shows the Rose but no sound out of the Analog outputs. The Amazon Music App also shows the Rose 150b but the sound is very low even with volume on the preamp turned up.

Andy my name is Mike and I just purchased my RS-250. when I try to run ROON thru my MacMini via USB-in ,I get pop-up that says change USB-IN Mode and try again…

Also when I try to use RCA outputs, the digital outputs also turn to GOLD. Have you found a resolution? much appreciated Mike S mike2403@mail.com