Apple Music Doesn’t Play

I have barely used my newly acquired RS150B for three weeks, that’s less than a month. I am encountering serious problems playing Apple Music, Spotify and Tidal through the machine as it doesn’t connect. I have had serious challenges with RoseTube too as it takes forever to load a song.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. As far as I know everything seems right including an excellent Ethernet speed of 1-Gig.

Could you please help me overcome these issues? I hope I don’t have to return the machine to the dealer. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you!

@Binay

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I would like to ask you a few questions to check.

1. You said that there is no connection when playing Apple Music, Spotify and Tidal through RS150b. Does that mean that there is no connection with the RoseConnect app? Or does that mean it won’t play?
  2. When you play a video on Rosetube, how long does it usually take before it starts playing? Are there any interruptions during playback?
  3. What are you using with RS150b, Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
  4. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, will YouTube play well if you connect the same Wi-Fi to your mobile phone?

Thank you

Here are my responses to your questions:

1. Yes, it doesn’t connect with RoseConnect App. It doesn’t play for that reason. It just keeps looping up as if it’s trying to connect.

2. On RoseTube it takes at least two minutes before it play the chosen video.

3. I have an Ethernet connection to RS150B with an average speed of 940 mbps.

4. If I play the YouTube video on my Apple TV there’s no lag at all.

I hope you can suggest a way out to resolve this issue.
Is there a tech support for the machine in the US? Perhaps I can speak with them. Please let me know.

@Binay

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have a few questions about your answer.

1. Are you sure you have downloaded the RoseConnect Premium app?
  2. You said that you cannot connect to the RoseConnect Premium app. To connect your Rose device and the RoseConnect Premium app, they must be connected to the same IP network. Even if Rose device is connected by LAN cable, it must be connected to Wi-Fi of the same IP in your mobile phone.
  3. Is your RS150b searchable in the RoseConnect Premium app?
  4. You said that the Rosetube video is constantly cut off. Is RS150b–>RoseStore–>Rosetube app updated to the latest version?
  5. If you try RS150b–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset, please check if the same symptoms appear.

Finally, MOFI is the main distributor of Hi-Fi Rose in the USA.

Thank you

Unfortunately, much against my instincts, I had to return the 150B because there were too many issues with it and there was no resolution in sight. I am sure the product will do extremely well once the software glitches are sorted out. Because I do feel conceptually and design wise, particularly in aesthetics, it’s a great product.

All the best to your team! I wish them good luck.

Apple Music app on device such as a iPhone or iPad does not work in Rose app. Is it normal that the Apple app and the Apple Music function in the Rose app don’t work together?

Well, the Customer Support or the Technical Team can answer this more authoritatively. One thing is for sure it does not work so well as it should. Using AirPlay to stream music through the Hifi Rose is obviously not the best solution. You don’t need a $5000 gear to stream music using AirPlay. You can do that using a much cheaper but an effective solution in a $600 Bluesound POWERNODE EDGE a very Compact Wireless Music Streaming Amplifier. You can read all about it here: https://www.bluesound.com/products/powernode-edge/