Apple TV 4K audio doesn't play when connected via Airplay

Hello. I have an Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) that I want to connect to my HiFi Rose 250a via Airplay. The Apple TV 4K is up to date with all the latest updates; the 250a is running the latest software and all the various applications are also up to date. Every device that lives on my network is assigned a reserved IP address at the router. The Apple TV 4K is connected via WiFi as is the HiFi Rose 250a.

The issue is the sound plays for maybe 1 or 2 seconds and then nothing…just silence. Everything appears to connect - the display of the 250a shows the name and source of the content from the Apple TV and the Apple TV shows itself as being connected to the 250a. Other Apple devices (an iPhone and an iPad) connect and play content without issue. The display of the 250a is the same as what is shown when connected to the Apple TV. It is just the Apple TV that plays for a second or two and then stops

Please advise. Thank you.

@musicguyUSA

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please check a few things.

1. You said that the sound stops coming out after 1 or 2 seconds when you connect Apple TV to RS250a and AirPlay. What did you play on Apple TV? Did you play the Tipi program? Or did you play a sound source?
  2. If there is no sound after 1 or 2 seconds, will the AirPlay connection be disconnected?
  3. If the connection is not lost, what should you do to get the sound back?

@ROSEHAN,

Thank you for your response. I believe the issue might actually be one Apple needs to correct. I’m waiting for the release of tv OS 17.1 which I have read in an Apple support thread corrects the issue I described. My understanding is that release is due out later this week.

It seems tv OS 17 has an Airplay problem where audio will not play properly to ANY airplay device including Apple’s own devices such as HomePods. I confirmed this by trying to Airplay from my Apple TV to my HomePod mini and experienced the same results.

I will update this thread as soon as I know more.

@ROSEHAN,

I wanted to get back with you regarding this issue. It isn’t an issue with the HiFi Rose 250a at all. Turns out, certain apps (my experience has only determined the Google apps - YouTube and YouTube TV) will not AirPlay their audio out of the Apple TV box. Every other app works fine.

If you have any information as to why specific apps behave this way, I would appreciate it if you would share. Otherwsie, my 250a is working as intended and I am very happy with it.

@musicguyUSA

We are continuously checking for these symptoms.
Since your symptoms are not showing yet, our software team says it will take a little longer.

@musicguyUSA

Symptoms similar to yours have been identified. When you play Apple Music (music, video) on Apple TV, it works normally, but when you play YouTube, the sound comes out for about 10 seconds and then stops working.

It doesn’t seem to be compatible with iOS or Google, but that may be their closed policy.
Even if it is confirmed, it is difficult to say for sure whether it will be corrected.

Thank you