Are you uncomfortable because your TIDAL is unstable? Try Caching!

Are you having trouble listening to music because TIDAL is sometimes very unstable?

Try ‘Caching’ in (ROSE)TIDAL.

[How to]

1. Add internal or external storage.
  2. Go to [TIDAL → User → Setting]
  3. Enable Cache → ON
  4. Please select the storage path
  5. listen to music like as usual

When you watch Tidal as usual, everything is automatically cached. All songs you listened to are saved.

Depending on the caching capacity set, thousands of albums or more can be cached.

In that case, the songs you listened to once will be played in the cached storage, so there is no connection to the Internet.

The cached sound source is not only stored as the original, such as MQA, but also improves sound quality as it does not use a network.

Please use it conveniently for Tidal users.

Thank you.

*When the storage space is exceeded, the earliest saved sound source is deleted.

2 Likes

can this function also be applied in roon mode?

1 Like

Do you have any problems with Roon and Tidal? It works flawlessly here.
Danijel

Hi there,

Waiting for my RS250 to be delivered by a friend who visited Korea :).

Do I need to install any form of storage in the unit to get this working ?

Thanks,
Hervé

@hdelplan

When using Tidal cashing, you do not need to install any innovative files.
However, you need a storage device that can store cashed songs.
You can use it after connecting an SSD or an external hard drive and set the capacity.

Thank you

1 Like

This was remarkably easy to do. Look forward to seeing how it might improve performance. Thank you.

Good morning, new user. I am confused - I have an external SSD attached to the Rose and I cannot figure out how to get it to be formatted or attached so I can do this caching? Is there a trick. I plug it in - and there is no popup and in settings - storage, I find nothing that says “format external drive” or even to confirm that it is attached.

@michaelweening

When using SSD, the format must be NTFS.
Only then will it be recognized when the SSD is installed in the Rose device.

Hi Rose support,

There’s a pop saying
When a new path is set, the existing data is initialized

Does this means they’ll wipe out all my files in the external storage?

@ROSEHAN Probably this is not the right thread, but I follow all the threads about Caching, and I did not get a clear picture about the caching feature, probably you can explain here the concept and necessary settings in general.

I bought a RS130 because of very promising test reviews. All of the reviews are writing about the cache feature, which will be “automatically” active, that means everything what is playing (internal ssd, external ssd, network, streaming services) will be cached.

But that seems NOT to be the case. Regarding your comments on several threads only music played from the TIDAL or ROSETUBE app downloaded from Rose Store can be configured to use the cache feature.

And what is the design purpose of this feature? Stability, Sound Improvement and / or something else?

Clarification regarding the caching feature would be welcome, I think also for other Rose Users.

@ROSEHAN @ROSELOA

Hi Rose support,

There’s a pop saying
When a new path is set, the existing data is initialized

Does this means they’ll wipe out all my files in the external storage?

@ROSELOA

Hi Rose support,

There’s a pop saying
When a new path is set, the existing data is initialized.

Does this means they’ll wipe out all my files in the external storage (for example, I plug in a USB thumb drive containing data)?

Why is there no Qobuz caching?

Hopefully, it’s on the roadmap and in the next software release :blush::pray:

@ROSELOA @ROSEHAN

Hi Rose support,

There’s a pop saying
When a new path is set, the existing data is initialized.

Does this means they’ll wipe out all my files in the external storage (for example, I plug in a USB thumb drive containing data)?

Appreciate your advice…

Hello,

It doesn’t mean that it will delete all your files in your USB.
It will delete only the TIDAL caching data that you’ve created before.

I started noticing a long time ago that caching wasn’t working properly. There are tracks and albums that my ROSE150B caches, then the “c” symbol disappears again. I just noticed this when my Tidal music playback started to stop and I saw that there was no caching. I configured caching on 1TB, I listen to a lot of music, but beyond 35GB caching does not occur.

Hello,

Would you check here and see if there are enough space to put more caching files to your SSD?

RS150B > Settings > Storage Settings > Storage Information

Best Regards,

There is more than enough space for caching.

On what principle does caching occur?
Sometimes I listen to one track and come back and then I see the cache icon, sometimes it just doesn’t work and the symbol doesn’t appear.

@VIK

I hope the cache-related information below will be helpful to you.

Caching is done for the song you played.