Artwork Missing

In Folder view no artwork is shown withini each level of folder in the app and no artwork is shown for albums within each folder. Artwork is shown, however, on the RS150 screen

Similarily, In the Album or Classification views some of the artwork is missing in the app, but when playing a track it is shown on the RS150 screen.

Can this be rectified, please?

Hello,

Does it happens even after you scanned the folder?

Hi

The answer to you question is Yes.

I forgot to add that this refers to music & data (JPEGs) that are stored on an external USB HDD

I have scanned the media a few times.

Because of the large number of Albums stored I find it easier to look through a list of files which are stored in a folder & sub folder arrangement, and having artwork makes, for me, identification easier.

As I mentioned the RS150 will display the album artwork when an album/ track is playing. It is the app that is not showing the artwork. I get the same result with an ipad and an android phone

thanks

Hello,

In RS150 - MUSIC - FOLDER
→ You can’t see album cover of music file and music folder. It’s difficult to tell when it could be applied, the load on the system should be considered.

In RoseConnect - MUSIC - FOLDER
→ ANDROID → You can see cover for music files (no music folder)
→ IOS → You can’t see cover for music files and folder

I will let you know when there’s update about this.

Hi

Thanks

As regards the comment about “the load on the system”. Does this mean that if there are too many albums on an HDD, the RSD150 cannot deal with all that data?

thanks

Up to 300,000 songs can currently be indexed.
Currently, we are reviewing from various aspects to further increase it.

Thank you,

Hi
Is there a limit to the number of folders (and thus the number of pieces of artwork)?

thanks

Well, we’ve never tested about number of folders. The limit of 300,000 songs are just for scan.
You can still play songs even you don’t scan your SSD, via ‘FOLDER’ tab.

Thanks for the information

I can see (nearly) all covers in the iOS App but only a few (guess mp3) on the RS250. Any ideas for that?

edit: play from SSD is meant. Via Airplay all covers are there (Spotify + Plex).

Hello,

Occasionally, there was an inquiry that the cover is visible on the device but not on the APP, but your situation is unusual. Can I get a picture of your situations if that’s okay with you?

Thanks for your reply. File format is m4a and no “folder.jpg” within the directory.

first pic: album on the iPhone App = cover shown in list and while playing
second pic: screen of the RS250, playing via iPhone App from SSD = no cover shown
third pic: album playing via Plexamp from my Synology NAS = cover shown (even in color)

![IMG_1892|666x500](upload://8do4

rJqT8pVVnKGqFqNUSTx2mfG.jpeg)

Hello,
Would you check your message, please?

@ROSELOA Would you also please check your message. Got no reply since three weeks. Thanks.

Hello,
Sorry for late reply.
Please check your message.

@ROSELOA Is it possible that the device itself (RS250), not the App, has problems with showing covers, if the file has special chracters like Apostrophes, Colons, Brackets or Slashes?

I can still not find out, why some covers are shown and others are not, although they have the same file format.

Hello,

It doesn’t matter if it has special characters or not in file name.

1. Are the files all scanned?
  2. The file path is the same, but some covers are visible and some are not?
  3. Did you play via Airplay/DLNA/Bluetooth?
  4. Is it one of the files that you sent me last time?

Thank you,

@ROSELOA Thanks for all your attempts to help.

1. The files are all scanned and initializing database was tried as well

2. My file structure is always: Artist → Album → Tracks. I have mostly m4A files, some flac and less mp3. Yes, some covers are shown, some are not - even they have the same file format

3. I play via the SSD using the Rose App

4. Yes, they are some of them. They are just an example for covers that are not visible

In addition, I have renamed all pictures within the folders (if there are some) to cover.jpg and added all album pics to the Agnes Obel folders. Rescanned database after that. None of Agnes Obel shows album covers on the device, but all on the App. There are also albums where just a single track does not show a cover in the App - same here: no track shows covers on the device.

I am giving up now. This crap took me so many hours so far. I had a Pioneer N-50 and as well a Cambridge CXN-V2 before which did not cause any problems with covers.

1 Like

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for not being able to resolve the issue promptly.
I asked the development team to figure out the cause, but the development team is also having a hard time with the error it encounters for the first time. We will find out the cause and solve the problem as soon as possible. I’m sorry I can only say this.

2 Likes

Im having the same and other issues. I bought the 250 and am now regretting purchasing this. Some of my favorite radio stations simply are not available, cannot install the app to play them, yet the app installs no problem on my samsung tablet or fiio player. If I have to bluetooth my external players to listen to streaming what is the point of using the 250.
Why is Rose not allowing apps to be installed like ever other manufacturer does.
Tired of fighting and wasting my time with this.
I will be posting this on Canuck Audio if anyone wants it.