Bang & Olufsen Beolab 28 Rose 150b

Hello All

Recent purchaser of Rose 150b. I am having trouble connecting it to a pair of Beolab 28s.

I cannot get any sound out of the balanced output from 150b via line in on the Beolabs.

Is balanced xlr output compatible with line in?

Or is there something I need to fix?

Best wishes

Hi @Donmatt2028, your setup sounds interesting. I don’t use active speakers like you, but I am using balanced output on my RS150B with line in on my preamp. My initial use required me to adjust the volume on the Rose if the Software Volume Control is turned on. A few settings I had to adjust which might help are:

1. Make sure that the Software Level Control for the balanced settings on the 150B are turned on and the volume has been turned up to an adequate level. Keep it low at first to avoid blasting the speakers, but adjust them for sound output. The default setting is full volume when connecting to a PreAmp, but your speakers may be protecting themselves if the current settings are too high.

2. What’s the speaker voltage setting? You can adjust the preout level setting on the Rose. You want to match the preout if the default 6.5V (6,500 mV) is too high for the speakers. Some line in circuits work better at 2V.

3. I noticed that the Rose allows Phase invert changes. I had to turn that on since I am in the US. The setting shows the polarity options. You should match that with the Beo.

4. This one is obvious, but make sure that you turned on the Analog output section on the Rose. Balanced and unbalanced are part of the same output circuit.

I hope these suggestions help. I would love to see pictures of the Speaker setup - those seem really nice.

Thanks Manny. Will give all those a try and let you know.

Best wishes

Thank you very much. Doesn’t that mean running double speaker adapters for the connects?