Bbc sounds app ON ROSE 250A

is it possible to put BBC sounds APP on the ROSE250A

3 Likes

@Pipsqueak

I’m sorry to tell you that currently, Hi-Fi Rose focuses on device stabilization rather than adding new features.
I’ll check if it’s possible to add it, and if so, we’ll add it.

I aggree, Rose OS should be polished and stremlined, and apps should be more user-friendly. The whole system suffers from a rapid development growth and things must consolidate. But the addition of apps like TuneIn or BBC Sounds would make our experience much better

thank you problem solved, air play from ipad to ROSE which is connected to my QUAD amp which my HEOS is connected can now play sounds all round the house as well as QBuzz not the easiest way but it works. Still would be nice to have the BBC sounds app on the Rose.

And it would be nicer to have Chromecast, with a better audio quality. Years ago we had a chromecast audio device, now is discontinued.

If you do not sort out access to BBC Sounds the UK market for Rose products will collapse as having BBC Sounds will be the only way users in the UK have access to UK national radio. Rather than just brushing this off I think you ought to take this matter seriously.

2 Likes

You can access the BBC radio stations by searching for them and you can then store them as favourites.

I’ve just fired up Radio 2 and had it playing within 5 seconds.

I am fully aware that you can at present get all the BBC radio stations but in Mid 2023 these will no longer work and the only way to get BBC radio is through BBC Sounds.

2 Likes