Bluetooth remote stopped connecting now i wont connect at all HELP

Unit is brand new, went through entire set up, worked and after a few hours I discovered it was not longer connected to the unit. Tech service with Crutchfield unfortunately resulted in no solution troubleshot everything still no connect. I am ready to send back for either exchange for another RS 250 (no stock sadly to replace until end of March), or considering going down to the RS201e. Anyone else experience this and found a way to remedy the issue?

Hello,

RS250 > Settings > Bluetooth > Is there ROSE MCU?

If there is ROSE MCU,
Is it under Paired Devices or Scanned Devices?
Are the ROSE MCU words colored in white or gold?

Would you touch the ROSE MCU for few seconds to delete from paired device, and try to connect again?

How to pair bluetooth remote control

Don’t do it! RS250 is much better than RS201! Besides most function from remote are in the app!

You make a good point thank you I will keep trying to trouble shoot it thanks

So I have been through the set up over a dozen times and it will not connect no matter what i do. To answer your question, the Remote only shows up under the scanned devices and its in White but it will not let me activate it to switch over to the “Paired Devices” I have worked with Crutchfield where I purchased it and we could not troubleshoot the issue. It was originally connected but became unpaired at some point and i have not been able to connect it since? I am able to connect my iPad to the device but not the remote. It does take a few times but other things do connect eventually. I am not sure if its the remote or not. I have changed the batteries also 3 times. Any ideas?

Hello,

I sent you a message to confirm personal information, so please check it.

Im sorry just saw this… is this the place where you would like me to send my personal contact info for the new remote? Is this the secure way without it being posted on the thread? Sorry I don’t use these community boards that often

You are welcome to write in a public thread, but anyone who visits our community will see it.
Occasionally, there are people who feel uncomfortable about that part, so I contacted you through a personal message.

I have the same problem now. It worked fine for a few weeks and now it stopped working.

• I changed the batteries
  • I disabled BT and restarted
  • I rebooted the RS250
  • I removed the RC from the paired list.
    Disabled BT
    Hold home +menu on RC till it burned constant
    Enabled BT on 250, search for device, added ROSE RC
    Added to list on left paired devices, white letters
  • tried a few times

It still doesn’t work

I have no idea what changed or why it stopped reacting.

Hello @Jeep

I will deliver a video related to Bluetooth RC pairing.
If Rose RCU is displayed in white in Paired devices, it will change to gold when you press Rose RCU.

Thank you

Thank you Han.

Why didn’t I think of that? I tapped the name when it showed up in white under ‘paired’ in the left hand window and it turned gold… And it works again.

Not very intuitive that you have to confirm twice.
As I looked it up in the manual it says under chapter 7.3:

Quote:
After selecting “Rose RCU” from the “scanned device list”, if you select “Rose RCU” from “paired devices”, the light will change to gold and the pairing is completed.

Maybe the intention (and urgency) got lost in translation. It would be less ambiguous like this: (just a suggestion)

After selecting “Rose RCU” from the “scanned device list”, please confirm the “Rose RCU” from “paired devices” by tapping it once. The text will change from white to gold to confirm that the pairing is complete.

Thank you for helping.