Brand new TEST user; great hardware but

Hello,

I have a 250e on loan to see if it’s something I want to purchase (or perhaps 150 as well later) and although the hardware is great, the software + app integration is so poorly implemented I don’t know where to start. I’m trying to give consideration to the Korean source but the issue I wanted to list out (so far) have nothing to do with language.

There seems to be a big lapse in a common (successful) experience across various apps, platforms, devices and the unit itself as it appears to be designed to achieve (i.e. Connect to the hardware and utilize the hardware remotely)

I reset to factory defaults and confirmed latest updates

• It is unclear as which app is supposed to work in controlling the unit (there are 2-3 depending on iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 12 pro max)
  • It is unclear if the connection from the app is to be wireless or can be wired (Wired did ultimately work despite the wifi centered connection dialogs/interface)
  • The QR Code prompt in the “Rose Connect Premium” app doesn’t appear to exist in the store. Nor is there a camera option to enable in the Rose Connect app(s) loaded on my various iOS devices.
  • Rose Connect crashes when I attempt to load an audio share (tried linux NAS and a Windows PC share) at the folder level, directly after re-requesting credentials (why doesn’t is save the credentials?). Can only play a single track at a time, not the folder contents. (Scanning from the 250e itself did work but would like this option from Rose Connect)
  • Generally, the connection side of the software really needs to be tightened up as it seriously detracts from a pleasant user experience of the hardware itself
    *User account registration/pwd resets etc were all problematic. Delays in email pwd resets, ‘account not found’ issues yet duplicate account exists; all reproducible errors

Will spend more time with it

Hello,

Thank you for your opinions.

- It is unclear as which app is supposed to work in controlling the unit
→ Actually, multiple devices can be connected to RS250 to control it, for family users.

- It is unclear if the connection from the app is to be wireless or can be wired (Wired did ultimately work despite the wifi centered connection dialogs/interface)
→ I’m not sure if what I understood is right, ROSE APP can be connected to RS250 whether RS250 is using WIFI or Ethernet. It just have to be in the same network.

The QR Code prompt in the “Rose Connect Premium” app doesn’t appear to exist in the store. Nor is there a camera option to enable in the Rose Connect app(s) loaded on my various iOS devices.
→ I’m sorry about that, RoseConnect for Android has the QR camera but iOS don’t. It will be added later.

Rose Connect crashes when I attempt to load an audio share at the folder level, directly after re-requesting credentials
→ The ID and PW for NAS should be saved… Did you try with different phone everytime?

Can only play a single track at a time, not the folder contents
→ I will check with the development team.

User account registration/pwd resets etc were all problematic
→ I agree, will go over with development team also.

The QR Code prompt in the “Rose Connect Premium” app doesn’t appear to exist in the store
→ Would you let me know where you saw the QR Code? I just checked QR code in manual but it works.

Thank you for your kind feedbacks, I will check and fix stuffs.

New observations:

IPad 2 Rose app crashes when attempting to log in with credentials. No opportunity to ‘save’ credentials nor access share

Doesn”t appear to be an option to re-scan NAS for delta additions to personal library, only re-initiate entire discovery, which, with a large multi- terabyte library, can take hours.

Some English semantic issues; i.e. “add a music”

Hello,

About the issue…

IPad 2 Rose app crashes when attempting to log in with credentials. No opportunity to ‘save’ credentials nor access share

1. Is it a login issue about RoseConnectPremium account? Or maybe your NAS?

2. Is it iPad 2? Or iPad Air 2? If it’s iPad 2, as I know, the lastest iOS version is iOS 9.3.5 and you can’t install RoseConnect on iOS 9.3.5. So, I guess it’s iPad Air 2… please let me know if I’m wrong.
    I hope to know the exact model of your iPad.

3. What’s your iPad’s iOS version?

4. How is your ID and PW organized? Is there any special characters? How long is it?

5. Does the same problem happens with your other devices, such as iPhone 12?

Hello,

Please check if this is the route that you tried.

About iOS RoseConnect App crash when accessing Windows Share

• (iPad or iPhone) RoseConnect Premium (Latest Ver) > Music > Folder > Network > Your Windows PC > entered ID/PW but App crashes
  • RS250 > Music > Folder > Network > The same Windows PC > Entered ID/PW and it works

Another discovery, can BT remote from HIFI Rose enable VU meters

• For example, in radio, you have to move cursor with your BT remote to VU mode on the TOP of the screen.

Doesn”t appear to be an option to re-scan NAS for delta additions to personal library, only re-initiate entire discovery, which, with a large multi- terabyte library, can take hours.

• As suggested, we will try to figure out a way to update only the part that has been modified.

Thank you.

No crash for either of these scenarios.Crash occurs when accessing a listed smb:// share over iOS app only. No crash on Rose device over same smb share.

There is no VU Meter icon at the top of the Rose device screen to roll over to. Not in Radio app (nor RoseFM) at least. Doesn’t appear to be a VU meter icon on Rose device 250E

• Observed that in RoseFM app, when you update the Location on the Rose Device, the iOS app location is not updated until you power on/off the app, then location is updated.

The reverse is not true. Updates to Location on the iOS app, the Rose device updates immediately.

• In RoseFM on iOS app, saving Favorite does save the name of the station, but clicking to it from another Favorite often fails. This is difficult to reproduce but have seen it a couple of times.

There is no VU Meter icon at the top of the Rose device screen to roll over to. Not in Radio app, at least.

• RoseTube there is inconsistency in being able to select a video from YouTube and sending it to the HDMI output, then back into optical input for play through connected speakers. In some cases, I had three different audio signals routing and no video signal was going through HDMI output. If I disconnected optical in and selected rose device, I could see the video on the rose device.

• Also, the Send to TV button on the rose device is not activated by the BT remote even though you can arrow over it and see it clearly selected. Pressing OK does not enable the button.

• Finally, in some cases I was seeing two UI screens overlaid one another on the rose device (see attached photos)

Note: I was able to get TV aspect ratio / resolution issues, no BT remote control over to-TV button issue, multiple audio signals routing issue, and multiple GUI overlay issues on the device fixed by rebooting the rose device.

Hello,

No crash for either of these scenarios.Crash occurs when accessing a listed smb:// share over iOS app only. No crash on Rose device over same smb share.
→ Hello, I checked the issue, will go through with development team.

VU mode button on Radio

Have to move cursor with BT remote to the button, but it’s complicated. I will ask development team for a easier way, such as favorite button.

About the screen and TV button issue, seems like the ROSE OS in your device is something wrong.
If it keep happens would you unplug the power and plug in again?
Also, factory reset would help you.
(RS250 > Settings > System Settings > Factory Reset)

Also, thank you for your detailed interest and comments about the Rose device. We will make it a more convenient and stable device to use.

Thank you very much.

1 Like
  • Search results for NAS folder display “please check storage and network” and do not play from search results BUT will get queued when selected as such and DO play in the queue.

• bad English Grammar for queuing options: instead of “add a music after current playback music” should instead read “add after current playback music”
    NOTE: this bad grammar occurs only in Qobuz and Tidal apps under Search function. Grammar is correct under Folder and RoseTube search apps.

More feedback:

• Can Dev add the EQ section of the hardware to the Rose app? I’m constantly recovering missed EQ from various recordings with the Rose EQ and it’s not convenient to get up each time in a listening session to walk to the hardware for these adjustments.

Factory reset was done earlier in my testing before noticing this issue. A reboot fixed it.