Bring back the blue VU meters

Yes, multi color LED light bulbs also use this method.

Yea, I got passlabs gear thats got a big blue meter and a volume number read out thats blue. (Wonder why they can get away with it?).

“Yea, I got passlabs gear thats got a big blue meter and a volume number read out thats blue. (Wonder why they can get away with it?).”

–Because they are didn’t name their color after a registered trademark brand name like Mcintosh, blue is blue and colors can not be patented but the name Mcintosh is a trademark name and if used in conduction with a feature or selection that is not part of the brand name Mcintosh in can lead to consumer confusion. Once the name Mcintosh was removed the color certainly can be added back in as a choice and simply called “blue.”

Possibly not. Suits have been filed by large companies against people for simply using a color without identifying it by the trademark name - simply the use of “a color”. Most of these suits get thrown out of court, but not all. It’s an interesting study of… let’s call it legal subtlety. Or you could call it something else. :smile:

The problem could be solved in a simple way: change the Vu color setting on the menu, instead of determining a unique color as it is now, implement the color bar as is done in common RGB LED lamps…no one will be able to say Nothing :grinning:

7 Likes

Smart idea, I like that!

Ignore that Boris guy - he’s paid by Rose :point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

Why are you still here, moron?

1 Like

Great idea- a colour wheel is the answer.

4 Likes

If going with a wheel, I’d recommend having the corresponding R,G,B values displayed below the wheel. That way if you want an exact color you’ll at least have a way of knowing that.

4 Likes