Can I use bluetooth earphone or headset with ROSE devices?

Q)
Can I use bluetooth earphone or headset with ROSE devices?

A)
Bluetooth in ROSE devices are for reception only. So, you can not use bluetooth earphone and headset with ROSE via bluetooth. They are available for wired connection.

Hello, could a hardware extension be made available that allows to listen to music via Bluetooth from the RS150? Of course containing a quality protocol.

1 Like

Does the RS250 allows for Bluetooth music listening via headphones?

1 Like

Hello,

RS150 includes a Bluetooth dongle in its components.

Also, for all ROSE devices, bluetooth reception is possible, but transmission is not possible.
You can’t connect to bluetooth earphones or headphones.

Hi, yes, on my RS150 I use the Bluetooth dongle for the remote and app commands transmission. I managed to get my Sennheiser PXC550-II to be paired, but right after connecting it disconnects.

So why not enabling sound transmission towards bluetooth headphones as well? The dongle is already capable, so I assume it is a software configuration of the RS150 that is missing?

Hello,

ROSE device plays a source or stream. It is possible to support both functions in terms of software, but currently only the function of the receiver is provided, and there is no plan to include the transmission function at the moment.

@ROSELOA what is holding you back to provide also the Bluetooth transmission function?

1 Like

The RS250 has a usb audio out socket and I just simply connected a usb bluetooth dac dongle and it works fantastic. I guess the Rs150 has this USB audio out too and would work the same? I am guessing surley Hifi Rose know of this existing functionality that works well
Cheers

I picked up one of these…

Sennheiser 508258 BT T100 Bluetooth Audio Transmitter for Hi-Fi or Home Entertainment Black https://amzn.eu/d/gxIdEcN

How did you then connect the headphones
Thanks Caz

I actually ended up using the Topping M50 Digital Music Playes Bluetooth Transmitter capablity and connected to rear usb external DAC port of my Rose device. On the Rose device it picks the Topping M50 Digital Music Player up on in/out settings when i selsct the USB outpout (obviously the Topping M50 Digital Music Playerhas to be switched on) . The Topping M50 Digital Music Player simply shows up as “M” in the usb options. Once that is selected I just pair my bluetooth headphones with the Topping M50 Digital Music Player which has already been set up to remember my headphones and away I go.

Then of course when finished with the bluetooth listening I go back to the in/out seetings on the rose and change back to the analogue output.
I guess there are other usb bluetooth DAC transmitters one could try but after a bit of trial and error and searching the web etc I found this Topping M50 Digital Music Player to be the best and most reliable set up for me personally and is a decent bit of kit initself with a jolly nice Bluetooth transmitter

Cheers