CD Ripping - Songs are glitchy

I have a LG BE14 Blueray burner attached to one of the USB 3 inputs. This external drive reads CD audio discs. The songs ripped are glitchy, they will pause for a few seconds and restart, or will skip due to momentary discontinuities.

Songs ripped using the drive on my PC and then transferred to the Rose SSD seem to be intact with no glitches.

I am mystified why the drive connected directly to the Rose does not provide satisfactory results.

Hello @patric9956

Before giving an answer, please tell me the Rose model you are using and the model of the cp ripper.

Thank you

The Rose model is 150B

The CD Ripper is LG BE14NU40 (this is a USB 3.0 model)

Any help is appreciated

Hello @patric9956

Does this happen with all CDs?
If this happens on a specific CD, please tell me the title of the CD.

This happened on the first CD that I ripped. That CD was a hybrid SACD / CD of Pink Floyd: Wish you were here.

I figured that the hybrid disc was problematic. Fortunately, I had a CD only version of Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here. So I reformatted the SSD and ripped again from the CD only version. Similar glitches, but in different parts of the songs.

I repeated this at least three more times: Reformat the SSD and rip the CD with glitches in random spots, there were no exact repetitive glitches at the same spot in the song.

I took the disc and ripped it on the CD drive on my PC and then transferred the songs off my PC to the ROSE over the network. That seemed to work fine - but counter intuitive since I bought the ROSE specifically to rip and store music directly to it. Not to fire up my home PC rip to that and then transfer songs to the rose over the network, which sort of obviates one of the reasons for buying the rose in the first place.

I have sourced another USB CD Drive (made by Pioneer) and will attempt ripping from that to determine if the LG drive is the culprit or not.

My vendor says I should have laid out another $500 for a ROSE drive after convincing me that any external USB drive would suffice.

Well the glitchy CD Ripping issue are seemingly resolved. I swapped out an 8 year old LG drive for a 8 month old Pioneer Drive. The rip of Pink Floyd was flawless and it may have sounded clearer and less congested.

The HDMI handshake mystery with my NAD M17v2i remains.

Hello i use Superdrive from Apple with success.

Thank you for the recommendation. I will keep that in mind.

Me too, works flawlessly