CD ripping with Rose RS250 and RSA-780: Tracks skipped during ripping session

hello community and Rose team,

I wanna discuss a strange behavior of my Rose RS250 and RSA-780 in combination related to rip audio cds.

Before I describe this behavior I want to tell that all my audio cds are in very good shape. no scratches or finger prints or other dirty stuff on it. I care about my music collection :slight_smile: I don’t have any disc with some kind of copy protection (hidden partitions, toc or something like that)

I ripped about 300 discs, most of them are ripped completely and correct with all the tracks. But sometimes I found some ripped albums with missed tracks… sometimes the first one was missing, sometimes track 1-3 and the ripping procedure started at track no. 4.

When I had such a ripping session I stopped the ripping immediately and restarted the procedure again (without ejecting disc, without cleaning disc or other stuff). After the 2nd run, the album was ripped completely in all cases.

@rikibu

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have a few questions.

1. Before CD ripping in the RS250, the CD’s Track / Sector / Running Time / Title are displayed normally, but tracks 1 to 3 are skipped and ripped from track 4?

2. Does this kind of symptom appear on a specific CD?

3. Please tell me the list of CDs with these symptoms.

4. You said tracks 1 to 3 are skipped, but you can see the title, but can’t play?

Thank you

1. Everything looks normal in the cd ripping app. the entire cd is listed with time and sectors, track 1 starting from 0 - as usual. playback is possible at any time, including the skipped tracks
  2. not really… its just happening sporadicly. if the disc has some major issues then the 2nd ripping attempt would still fail?
  3. it was an audio book from “Marc-Uwe Kling - QualityLand 2.0 - CD 7 and CD 8”. But I think its not a disc specific thing because the ripping-re-run did the complete job.
  4. I see all titles and can play them but remember, it is hard to recreate this issue with a disc because this behaiour is just a random thing.