connect a turntable to the analog ground and rca inputs?

Is it possible to connect a turntable to the analog ground and rca inputs? My phono has an output voltage of 4.5mV. Thank you

Hello,

Are you sure that the output of phono amplifier is 4.5mV?
If it’s 4.5mV, it’s too much small to connect to RS250.

You will need a Phono-Preamplifier in between Turntable and rose.

OK, so with pre-amp, I have line-level coming into RS250 via Analog In.
…but I don’t want to LISTEN to the albums, I want to convert them to digital and add to the internal 4tb SSD for storage & ease of access.
Any way to accomplish that?
Thanks

Yes. Phono-preamplifier RIAA for the enter. The Output is linear.

Be careful with the power-sector. Battery is the best, consumption is very small

I asked similar questio. From what I learned, you s/b able to connect a turntable via either an external phono preamp or via a regular preamp (or receiver) which the turntable an the 150 are connected to. The 150 then converts the analogue signal to digital. Bizarrely though, after the 150 digitizes the signal, it can NOT save the digital file to an attached USB drive or internal SD drive. So we cannot use the 150 to rip music from our records (a feature that would be very nice if Rose would enable - maybe Mobile Fidelity doesn’t want us to be able to do that).

Of course you can connect a turntable once you applied the RIAA curve and set the capacitance or impedance and amplification factor needed for your cartridge. If you care about sound quality any vinyl aficionado will want to keep the signal analog.

For recording analog you will need a ADC and a recording app that the Rose does not have. Most turntables with a USB out sound terrible. Low quality pick-up and electronics.

You can use the streamer as a preamp to collect all your sources though and adjust the volume centrally. It shouldn’t degrade the sound of your turntable setup.

Only the RS520 converts the analog input to digital through the built in ADC chip so the signal can be fed into the internal GaN fet digital amplifier. That made it the wrong choice for me. I haven’t tried it on my RS250 yet, that should not impede sound quality.