Connecting Harmony Elite remote to RS250

Hey guys,

I’m trying to connect a Harmony Elite remote to my RS250 without success.
As you may know the Harmony Elite as a hub that allows it to control Bluetooth devices, such as android devices.

I added a generic “Android device” to my list of devices, that can control an android tablet for example.

When I try to pair the hub with the RS250, it adds it, but doesn’t send back confirmation that it connected, so the Hub doesn’t see that it worked.

Other android devices ask to confirm that I want to connect and as soon as I do, the Harmony app detects the connection.

I’d love to get this to work, as I’d be able to use one remote to control everything.

Any trick to get this to work?

Thanks!

1 Like

@FBeaudry

It is not recommended to use a remote control other than the one supported by the Rose device.
The remote control key and operation may be different, and in many cases, it cannot be paired with other remote controls.

Thank you

As this uses Android as an OS, wouldn’t standard commands like Skip Track, play and pause be supported? On all android devices I’ve tested, these where standard among all of them.

Is it impossible to use Hifi Rose product with ANY home automation system? Seems a bit surprising, for such a Technology focused product.

1 Like

@FBeaudry

Yes, unfortunately, please use the Bluetooth remote control provided by Hi-Fi Rose. Even if you pair the remote with a different brand, pressing the play button may activate other functions and there are several problems.

Once again, we recommend you to use Hi-Fi Rose BT remote.
Thank you

Hmmm, it is not as if harmony tech is cheap or unreliable. And it is also not as if you would ruin any hardware… I am also still a fan of harmony!