Connecting RS201E via usb to Holo Spring 3 Dac

I’ve bought a Holo Spring 3 dac and connected with my RS201E via usb. However, when I turned on the dac, RS201E couldn’t find the dac. After I changed the output of RS201E to HDMI and then changed back to usb several times, it could find the Holo dac. Every time I had to do this after I restarted the dac. What can I do?

Hello @2olegendforeverwest

Could you try using other USB cable? Please tell me if it works.

When connected normally, it is correct that the USB directly recognizes the DAC from the In/Out Settings.
If changing the cable does not solve the problem, try a factory reset.
Rose device–>Settings–>System Settings–>Factory reset

Thank you

I used another usb cable and the problem still exists. Anyway I find the procedure that I can connect the dac: first I switch the output of RS201E to HDMI, then I turn on the Spring 3 Dac and change the source to USB, then 100% RS201E can detect Spring 3 Dac and connect it.

Hello,

Please check the message.

Thank you

I’ve got your message but I can’t send the mail to you cos your address is not valid

Hello,

Do you mean that you’re not allowed to reply to the message?
All I need is your email address actually.

I give you my Rose id ok?

Hello,

Please check the email I sent you.

If I recall correctly the Holo does not activate the USB until you switch to it. So you should try turning on the Holo spring, switch to USB and only then switch the Rose to USB. If you do it the other way around the USB-chip is off and the Rose thinks it’s disconnected and stops trying.

I’m not completely sure but that order should work.

Great dac btw.

Thanks. Rose colleagues had helped me fixed the issue already.

Btw, I upgraded to another great R2R DAC, Rockna Wavelight.