Connection to a Denafrips Terminator II

Today I made a cable myself to connect the Rose 150B from i2s DVI output (mode A) to the RJ45 I2S-B input from the Denafrips Terminator II.
Reason is I like to keep the terminator II HDMI I2S-A input free for my SACD multiplayer.
Hell of a job but double checked all wires and it should work.
Getting my terminator II next week so have to wait before I know if it’s working.
This cable can’t be bought anywhere so it’s an unique one of a kind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done Bitspeed.
Let us know how it works out.
Long Live the DIY Spirit!

John

2 Likes

Hello,
I asked guys from Denafrips which connect recommended for my RS150B device and answer me that USB or ASE/EBU. I play via USB A from RS150B to USB B Terminator II. Device RS150B found USB DAC Denfrips USB v3.12/Tx22FLVDS3.7 (last update TII).
For now I have problem because I came across a new model RS 130 …

I also think about a trade in…150B to 130…but it will be minimum 1500 € for this “uplift”. I use denafrips Hermes DDC and T+ as a DAC. Data via Melco S100 and network acoustics muon pro to the Rose and AQ USB Diamond to the Hermes and then I2S Tubulus Concentus to the T+. The clock is in the DAC and is synchron with the DDC. The clock input in the RS130 seems to be obsolet then. The DDC has no I2S option for input - so i can not use the I2S output for the DDC and must go with the new USB 2.0 output from the RS 130.
Might the ultimate transport RS 130 is the right choice, I will see and listen :wink:

Why don’t you use the USB input of the DDC and the i2s output of the DDC to the i2s input of the Denafrips? Would that work for you, that is how mine is setup.

@duffer5 - sorry for my explanations in english :wink: i am not a native speaker… this is exact my setup!
AQ USB Diamond from the rose 150B to the DDC Hermes and then I2S Tubulus Concentus to the DAC T+

The sound is amazing and even better after the update of the FPGA-Firmware in the T+

Got it, thank you for the reply. If I were you I would not get the 130. You will see little to no benefit. The only difference is they use fiberoptic input to decrease the transmitted noise from ethernet. This can easily be achieved my using a fiber media conversion kit which can be had without a linear power supply for under $100 USD with a linear power supply it would cost a total of under $500 depending on the quality of the power supply you purchase. So the only real difference is the clock which is a nominal upgrade at best. In reality you would not notice a sound difference from the 150 to the 130. And the screen in the 130 is a downgrade as it is now TFT vs IPS on the 150.

See the link for the FMC upgrade I mentioned. It is in English on YouTube but it clearly lays out how to do what the RS130 is doing with ethernet vs the RS150b by using Fiber Optics.