Contents of Share Folder Empty

When I open up the rose46 folder in Finder on my MacBook, there is a folder called share, but clicking on it nothing appears. It used to show my album folders that are on my SSD hard drive installed in the RS250. I have tried to re-download the database in the app. After several attempts, that has caused just a spinning wheel on the app when I try to view my albums now.

Hello,

Did you do SMB setting for Macbook and RS250?

When you don’t set SMB, you will see ‘share’ folder.
When you set SMB, you will see the name of SSD.

1. RS250 > Settings > Storage Settings > SMB ID/PW settings > ON > Make ID/PW you would like to use
  2. Allow SMB 1 in your Macbook.
  3. Follow the path you did before, you will see name of SSD instead of ‘Share’ folder.

In addition to that, maybe its needed to re-enable SMB v1 on Mac OS again. This is because of security things.

In Mac OS 10.x you can re-enable SMB v1
In MAc OS 11.x there is only SMBv3 support and no way to bring SMB v1 back. You only have the chance to use 3rd party apps like nuCommander to rebuild a smb v1 connection to a Rose device.

To re-enable SMB v1 connections on MacOS 10.x read along …

1. Open Terminal
  2. Enable Root mode: " type sudo -s" and login
  3. Modify /etc/nsmb.conf via nano
  4. Sample file (the procol_vers_map = 7 forces SMB1, 2, and 3)

I have to reply myself…
I found out a scenario for empty folders.

I found out that everytime when you use german umlauts/characters like ä,Ä,ö,Ö,ü,Ü,ß, the transfered folder isnt visible

It seems that (i use the rs250) is working with a character set which is not UTF-8 (maybe Ansi or something else)

Hello! I was able to connect for awhile after setting SMB. But now when I click on Rose-46 as a network drive, I consistently get the message “Connection failed”. When I try using Connect As and my ID and password, it also fails. I am running 12.4 software on the MacBook Pro.

smb1 is disabled by Apple for a while… so you have to re-enable it on Mac os by hand…

Hello,

as rikibu mentioned, please check your smb settings.
ROSE units support SMB 1 only, so your MacBook Pro should enable SMB 1.