Database scan & classification

Hi, i’m new to Rose 250A and have some topics to begin with:
First:
My DB is around 5’000 albums on internal SSD and NAS. After 36 hours the scanning is still not completed. My previous MusicServer (Innuos ZenMini) did it in 8 hours. Is it normal? If yes it’s hardly acceptable for a machine of this class (and price).
Second:
The classification of the albums is really terrible. Herbert von Karajan is an unknown artist and one album of Bryan Adams is put on the “Classical”! But the worse is that 10% of the albums are “not classified” and no album title nor aurtist is displayed. Your system also created different classifications in different languages: classical is one in english and another one is created as “classique” in french.
Third:
How can I change manually the Title of the album, the autor/artist, the composer and the classification?

Well I think it’s enough to begin with.

Lorenzo

Unfortunately, this is one of the many problems with the database handling of Rose.
It also does not understand when you have an artist having a box set. It just plays all the albums of the box set in one go even so they clearly tagged name - CD 1, name - CD 2 and so on :man_facepalming:t2:

separate albums in different folders eg title+cd1, title+cd2 etc. I solved it like this.

1 Like

The Rose 250a is my third Music-server: the best in sound quality but the worst in software and db management. Just take a look at the InnuosSense software and you’ll understand what I mean.
The Rose software looks like the concept was made by someone who doesn’t know nothing about “real” music and how people listen to it. Looks too keen to community and friends and poor on what is really important for a serious music-lover.
It all relates, in my opinion, to the db album management which looks, well, absent in concept.
No possibility to modify whatsoever of album and tracks to circunvent the bad scanning.
The Rose software even doesn’t recognize some cover images even if in jpeg. Not speaking about the possibility to read the booklets of the album in pdf format.
More: the concept of “composer” is completely absent; as if WA Mozart is someone not relevant for the Requiem played by the Berliner Philharmoniker directed by Herbert von Karajan.
A modern db music management should integrate the author profile with a text and an image (which does the InnuosSense software) more than the correct album title, the performer, the release date and the cover image. Everything is easily given by discogs.com and shouldn’t be difficult to implement.
It’s really a pity because the sound quality of the machine deserves much more than what implemented today.
I wait for a next major release of the software (on iOs tablet AND windows PC).

1 Like

Still waiting for answers. Looks like nobody from rose cares on the matter …

@lorep

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

1. With the current device, it takes a long time to scan the database. If there are many files, scanning will take a long time. However, you can use other functions while DB scanning. We are also looking for solutions to reduce DB time.
  2. The classification function is available when using the RoseConnect app.
    If you select RoseConnectPremium app–>Music–>Classification, you can classify into Song, Gerne, Artist, and Composer.
  3. When you say that the image is not visible after scanning the DB, are you referring to Music–>Folder–>Storage–>Playing Music?
    Will the same sound source not be displayed in Music–>Album?
  1. Ok, I take notice.
  2. It’s about the possibility to change the classification of the album since the default is not satisfactory, arbitrary and inconsistent.
  3. No. The jpeg cover image often is visible only on the display of my 250A and absent on the iOS app.

Regards

Lorenzo

@lorep

Classification makes us feel that we are not perfect and that we need to improve. We will check internally and make corrections.
The phenomenon of music files not being visible in the iOS RoseConnect app–>Music->Folder->Storage was fixed and updated in July of this year.
Are your RS250a and iOS app up to date?
Please try deleting and reinstalling the iOS app. Also, please scan the database and let me know if the same symptoms occur.

RS250a and iOS app are the latest versions.

Going to rescan the database; it’ll take the whole week-end since I have about 4500 album stored in internal SSD & NAS.

Lorenzo

Hi, followed your instructions but nothing changed.
By the way often on the restart of the machine the access to the albums is totally unreliable: sometimes SSD is accessible and sometimes not; the same thing happens to the NAS. When I turn it on I never know for sure what is accessible and what not. Completely unreliable and frustrating.

see image.

@lorep

1. What NAS model are you currently using?
  2. Doesn’t it play the same way on your RS250a? (Is it marked as an unplayable track as shown in the iOS app?)
  3. If NAS music does not play, try playing it using the method below.
    Does it work if you enter RS250a–>Music–>Folder–>NAS and play music?
    Does it work if you enter RoseConnect iOS app–>Music–>Folder–>NAS and play music?
  1. Western Digital, MyCloudEX2Ultra
  2. NAS music is available all the time. It’s the internal SSD (Samsung SSD brand new) that sometimes isn’t available.
  3. The solution you proposed worked well … when the folder is available. I tried multiple shut down and restart of the 250a, but nothing changed. The same with the iPad app.

@lorep

1. In the RS250a->Music → folder, are all the music files stored on the SSD visible and playing normally?
    Is it not possible to play only on the RoseConnect app?
    What do you mean when you say the SSD sometimes doesn’t work?
  2. Does the same symptom appear even if I rescan the database only on the SSD?
    Music–>Settings–>Media Library–>SSD rescan
  3. If it says it can’t be played, please rescan the SSD and tell me the ROSE ID and press remote debug.
    RS250a–>Settings–>System info–>ROSE ID
    RS250a–>Settings–>System settings–>Remote debug
    (Press Remote debug once and do not turn off the RS250a.)