Default Display for Rosetube

First, I like Rosetube. It’s a great application.

I do have a suggestion that would make it a lot better. The Home Screen always is the following:

Rosetube Home Screen

I listen to/watch none of these selections. I know what Symphony Classic is but I don’t want to start with it every time. I have no idea what Total Environment Music, GoGo Penguin, Billboard Hot 30 or K-Pop Hot 30 are and have no interest in any of them. I was initially told that these items would update and change with my actual watching/listening habits. It’s a great idea but that isn’t correct.
I have never watched any of these selections and they are always the same.

What should the home screen be? Best case would be to add an option in the setup (wheel/cog) for the user to choose the desired home page content. Second, just use “Favorite Tracks”. Isn’t that where most people would want to go?
Rosetube Favorite Tracks
Lastly, If I correctly understand how the “thumbs up” choice works, it could be improved.
I think it works by displaying music which other users have designated as “thumbs up” on their music. Unless you are going to provide 50 top level and a few hundred lower level genres it won’t be very useful. A good implementation of genres is in ROON.

Finally, there are two English spellings for Hip Hop. One is hip hop and the other is hip-hop. Hiphop isn’t correct.

StandardModel

2 Likes

I fully agree. It’s not only useless but it irritates. I feels like a new mobile phone with loads of apps you never use (or worse; don’t trust) but can’t uninstall. That’s called bloatware.

Nobody likes bloatware.

Jeep,

You’re right, but at this price level (RS 130) surely they know that the inability to remove it or even reorganize the menu is hampering sales and not inducing customers to buy. There’s so much to like about RoseConnect, but please HiFi Rose, give us the option to configure the software in the way most useful to each user. At this level of audio equipment users are idiosyncratic. They have specific and unique tastes in music usually developed over many years as they refined their listening experience. K-Pop Hot 30 doesn’t sound like something many dedicated audio aficionados would be into. Maybe there are some who do. Good for them but my guess is not too many. Why lock me (and everybody else) into it?

StandardModel