Delay on Coax-in

I just received my Rose RS520 and am happy so far, but one setting is strange: When I connect the Sonos Port out to the Coax-in of my Rs520 I have a horrible delay. I would say the delay of the signal is between 0.5 and 1 second what is horrible to listen to, when the rest of the sonos products in my whole house are playing too. Before I had the RS520 I had a amplifier with a dac module and with that setup there was no delay recognizable. Is this something you can fix in a softwareupdate? Best, Andy

@AndyDandy

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I have a few questions for you.

1. What is the Sonos Port for? The results of my search are network streamers with built-in DACs.

2. When you say Delay, do you mean that the video and music are out of sync?
    Or is it that when you play a song or video, the sound comes out after 0.5 to 1.0 second?

3. Please explain in detail how you used the RS520 and whether it was connected to a TV.

Thank you.

@ROSEHAN

The Sonos Port is a Network Streamer for Sonos multi room systems to connect a “not sonos hifi-system” and integrate it into the sonos-world. As I said, I connect the coax out of the “Sonos Port” into the coax in of my RS 520. Compared to the USD 200 Sonos One, standing next to my system, the delay of the RS 520 is around 1 sec. With my previous amp, a Primare i32, also with integrated DAC module, I have never had such a delay. I also checked the PCM delay settings - they are set at 0 ms. Now I also recognized, that there is a significant delay of the sound on the speaker-out, when I play music videos from RoseTube. I have connected my 4k TV over a premium HDMI cable. Delays on the signal path seems to be a general issue. What is your solution?

I encountered a delay with my HDMI feed to my TV. The sound and video were slightly off like yours. I resolved it by rebooting my RS150B. The delay was eliminated with the reboot.

On the RS150B, the reboot option is found by pressing and holding the power button. Not sure if that is the same for your unit.

1 Like

Hi @Manny, thanks for your hint. I reboot my RS 520 every day, so I think that’s not the case in my setup.
@ROSEHAN: What is your answer on my updated informations? Delay is a big issue, not only on my specific case on the coax-in, but also if one want to watch Youtube videos over your Rosetube app. Please help! Thanks, AndyDandy

@AndyDandy

When using a Rose device connected to a TV, the sync must be well matched and in most cases it works well, but it seems that there are cases where it does not match under certain conditions.
We are continuously investigating the cause and will proceed with a patch once it is resolved.
Please try doing a factory reset first.
RS520–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset

Thank you

Hi @Manny, thanks for your hint. I reboot my RS 520 every day, so I think that’s not the case in my setup.
@ROSEHAN: What is your answer on my updated informations? Delay is a big issue, not only on my specific case on the coax-in, but also if one want to watch Youtube videos over your Rosetube app. Please help! Thanks, AndyDandy

1 Like

I have the same problem with all inputs, hdmi optical rca, is there a solution for this.

@pioneer25

I have a few questions for you.

1. When you say Delay, do you mean that the video and music are out of sync?
    Or is it that when you play a song or video, the sound comes out after 0.5 to 1.0 second?

2. Please tell us the model name of the Rose device you are using.

3. Is your Rose device out of sync when connected to the TV via optical output or HDMI ARC?

1 Like

There is a delay when I watch TV channels, I watch videos, it is for hdmi, optical, rca, inputs. The model is 520.

Read user Andy Dandy’s previous post on this topic.

There is one more question. Does the Rs-520 work as an ir remote only with an ir extension.

@pioneer25
Hello
Thank you for your reply.

1. When connecting RS520 to a TV, do you watch TV using HDMI ARC or optical?
  2. RS520–>Video–>Settings–>use Does the same symptom appear even if you turn off the vlc player?
  3. Turn the power off completely and then turn it back on.
  4. Please try factory reset.
    RS520–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset

Lastly, the RS520’s remote control can also be used as an IR remote control.
You can use it by connecting an IR receiver to RS520.

It doesn’t matter which input I’m watching, the delay is the same with hdmi, optical, analog inputs. I’ve repeatedly restored the factory settings. It’s about the inputs.