Detecting right sample rate and bit depth on external sources

On my RS250A I connected several external sources on Coaxial and Optical input. The RS250A seems to have trouble to detect what sample rate and bit depth is offered.
Even a standard CD played on a CD transport via optical in can’t be detected right, as the RS250A determines it as 44,1KHz 32 bits??

Several times the CD was even detected as 48Khz and because of this the CD skipped parts of the playback.
Same happens to blu-ray audio 192 kHz/ 24 bits which is displayed on the Rose as 192 kHz 32 bits and sometimes 176,4 kHz 32 bits (played back too slow)

When detection of the sample rate is wrong it helps switching back to “Analog in” and back to “coaxial”, Chances are high that the right sample rate is detected in the second attempt.

My questions:

1. Can I change something in the settings of the RS250A to solve this problem?
  2. What does “pcm_s24_32le” mean when the Rose is playing “Optical in” or “Coaxial in”?
  3. Is there a possibility that the graphical screen when playing “Optical in” or “Coaxial in” will be a little pimped up? As it is now, it is a bit dull black screen compared to the colorful screen when playing streams from Spotify or Qobuz.

Hello,

Answers.

1. I hope to check the exact cause first. Would you check my questions?
  2. pcm_s24_32le means Input PCM data is being processed as 24-bit or 32-bit.
  3. Streaming Spotify and Qobuz will show information about the tracks you’re playing. ROSE cannot recognize the detailed information about the track you’re playing, so it cannot show the track.
    If you meant just the design of digital input display on ROSE, we do not have plan at the moment. If you don’t want to see it, you can turn off the LCD. (Touch the power button of RS150B for 5 seconds, you will see LCD OFF)

Questions.
A. Do you mean that the bitrate and sampling rate are changed even when you played the same CD, same track and same input?
B. If so, what’s the input(Coax or OPT)?
C. Can you take a picture of the CD with problem? Or does the issue occurs to every CDs you have?
D. What’s the model name of your CD(or Blueray) player?

Best Regards,

Answers:
A: Yes same CD, same track, same input. Often after switching input to one of the other inputs Analog/Coaxial/Optical) and back solves the problem.
B: Both
C: Every CD
D: April Music Stello CDT100 for CD and a Sony UHP-H1 for: CD/Blu Ray/ DVD-A (output Sony set to PCM)

Most of the times in the end the correct sample rate is detected, but bitdepth is always detected as ‘s24-32le 32bits’, even a normal CD, which always is 16 bits.

“If you meant just the design of digital input display on ROSE”
Yes that’s what I mean. Imho it is too simple this way. :slight_smile:
Can’t you add Shazam like it’s implemented in RoseRadio?

Still no reply on this…

And the fail detection by the RS 250 of the sample rate and the bit depth of an external source via coaxial in or optical in has not been solved either. When the machine detects a wrong sample rate it won’t play the song or plays it at too low speed… :frowning_face:
Come on Hifi Rose you can do better (?)

Sad to say but the delays are typical and responses are far and few between. Try the Facebook group, they maybe able to help.