Disabled outputs

Hi @ROSELOA ,

this is a new situation for me. I noticed that most of my outputs were grey (so not white or gold), except for HDMI (gold, so was selected for an unknown reason) and USB out (white). I had internet radio on and it played through my loudspeakers, until I tried to select the digital outputs or the analogue outputs, then it stopped (which is normal behavior, I think, that the source is stopped when you try to select another type of outputs).

When I click on a grey output, the circle becomes visible while the sound stops, and I hear a light click in my loudspeakers, but then the circle disappears and nothing visually happens.

I have reset the device and took out the plug for some minutes, but nothing changes.
Earlier the digital outputs were white and the analogue outputs gold.

So I guess this is a bug?

Regards,
Dominiek

Hello,

If the problem keeps going on, would you contact where you purchased the RS150B?
They will help you to solve the problem.

Thank you,

Hi @ROSELOA ,

currently the situation is back ot normal. Yesterday I tried the ARC IN, so maybe this had an influence?

Also the ARC IN remains a mystery for me because it should made the Toslink connection from TV to RS150 redundant, e.g. when streaming Disney+ to the Chromecast connected to my TV, but that is not the case. Currently the Chromecast is connected to HDMI4 and the ARC IN of the RS150 to HDMI1, the only HDMI port with ARC support. Selecting ARC IN on the RS150 does not deliver sound. What am I doing wrong?

Sometimes there is no sound depending on the sound output setting of the TV itself. What is the TV’s sound output setting?

Hi @ROSELOA ,

Indeed, you are right: the TV out settings were disabled, now it works well.

Now that it works, I noticed that I cannot select ARC IN from the Remote Control window of the Rose Connect app. In fact, from the 7 available sources, I can only toggle between ‘LOCAL MODE’, ‘OPTICAL MODE’ (toslink) and ‘LINE INPUT’ (analogue in).
So what about adding the other sources as well: ‘ARC IN’, ‘USB IN’, ‘COAX IN’, ‘AES/EBU IN’?

Hello,

It’s added in RoseConnect(android). We are working on it for iOS version and it won’t take long.

Thank you,

1 Like