Does anyone on here owns the RSA780 CD Player?

Have checked RSA780 connected to my PC/ Works just fine/ looks like this is Rose player bug

Hi tomato,
I returned my Rose CD player as due to the same problems brought a Apple super drive and the problems still there so yes it’s a bug in iOS.
Regards Matt

Not iOS but rOS i guess))) In general I like this aluminum brick so probably will keep it and wait for rOS upgrade

1 Like

Dear Rose team! Could ou please react somehow!

Hi ,

This Rose CD player issues has surfaced for quite a while and many users have reported here but still no response from Rose support at all… it’s been disappointing though …

I’ve one unit but Think might have to live with it … :rofl:

This thread is an older one, but today I’ve got my RSA780 and tried to get the “skip failure” without success.
But then I skipped back and after that forward. Now the I can’t play or eject (also after recable the drive).

Then I tried to play another source from the internal SSD: Also this don’t work anymore.
Now I’d shutdown the RS250 completely and after this I can now play again.

Today I’ve tried again to play a CD.
After two tracks I stopped playing and ejected the CD.
After that I wasn’t able to play other sources from internal SSD, Qobuz or Roon.
I think this can be perhaps a problem with the internal cache.
Only a complete reboor recovers the RS250.
It’s a shame for a cd drive, which costs about 400€…

I connected RSA780 to RS520 to rip CD. I just tried 3 CDs and all of them are fine. Yet, when I use it to play CD, the volume is very low even turn to 100%. Is it an issue?

Anyway, I am still wondering if the RS520 is able to handle my Harbeth LS 3/5a (15 ohm). My listening environment is only about 180 sq ft but I need to turn the volume up to 75%-80% most of the time when playing Tidal music.

Does anyone have RS520 connected to higher efficiency speakers can give me an indication on the volume % they use?