Does anyone on here owns the RSA780 CD Player?

Can someone shed some light please?
When playing a CD it plays fine finds album art etc… but when I skip the to next track there’s a slight delay and it’s not a smooth sound when I skip to another track. Im using the RSA780 with the RS150B
Cheers Matt.

I use cheap USB CD writer (Samsung) and I do not have such problems. Playback is smooth.

Hi Micheal,
Thanks for the reply my playback is smooth it’s just when I skip tracks. Or stop the cd and go to eject the CD.
Regards Matt.

Update I’ve tried the RSA780 CD Player on a laptop and my computer and it all seems be working great no there’s no slight delay and it’s a smooth sound when I skip to another track.
Can I it be my Rose RS150B or the software on the rose? I have noticed when I press stop CD on the Rose it stops then a few seconds later it decides to play the CD for a few seconds then finally stops.
Any help would be great?
Regards Matt.

Unfortunately my Rose is still in service. I will check when/if it get’s back to me after the repair.

Hi Micheal,
Thanks for getting back to me, yes if you could please check yours if you do get it back?
Also if you don’t mind me asking what’s yours gone in for repair for?
Regards Matt

Hey Matt @myearwood173 , I have been using a number of different CD USB drivers but primarily for ripping CDs to the internal SSD as I have a pretty large collection and I have experienced a number of issues too. Have you tested your RSA780 for ripping or you just use as a CD player?

Hi alessandro,
Thanks for getting back to me. No I haven’t tested the RSA780 for ripping as my music is stored on my nas so I was just using the RSA780 for playing CD’s. I haven’t installed a hard drive in my RS150B either.
Regards Matt

My unit suffered from frequent freezes. They occured for no apparent reason, even after a boot up, during CD ripping, switching inputs/outputs, during streaming, when idle and so on. It’s already 3 weeks in service and still no good news. I will never be an early adopter again. IMHO Android is the main reason for all problems with Rose products. To make things worse they use version 7 which is was launched 6 years ago, not the recent one. I have similar problems with Sony TV running Android as well. I will never buy another Android based device again.

1 Like

Hi Micheal,
I’m sorry to hear your problems with your android devices the saddest thing is though these products are not exactly cheap either.
TBH I regret selling my Pioneer N-70AE I think it was the VU Meters got me caught in the Rose RS150 but they say sometimes looks is deceiving. Rose Hifi can make this unit really better if they listen to our problems which I don’t know if they do.
Regards Matt.

I used a LG slim portable DVD writer for playing cds - not tried ripping as no internal card .

They do, but there is no feed back. They contacted me directly via e-mail to learn more about trouble I had and recommended sending the unit to service and replacement of the motherboard. Propably this is why repair takes so long as service must get parts from Korea. I had Pioneer N-70AE. Soundwise it was too dark for me. Now I regret selling it. Nowadays they are rare and only available as used.

Hi Paul,
Have you noticed When playing a CD it plays fine finds album art etc… but you skip the to next track there’s a slight delay and it’s not a smooth sound when changing tracks? Also when you press stop playing have you noticed the CD stops playing then a few seconds after it plays again for a few more seconds then decides to finally stop?
That’s the issues I’m having.
Cheers Matt.

Hi Micheal,
TBH the shop you brought it from should have given you a new unit and send your faulty one back to Rose Hifi.
The Pioneer N-70AE is super rare now you are right yes I know what you mean about the sound but still I had no issues with it.
I’m struggling to stream music directly from my Qnap to my RS150B (DLNA) which my Pioneer didn’t have that issue.
I have found on the RS150B i have to add the Music folder then add it to the RS150B for it to be scanned but my music folder is nearly 6TB, so it would take long to scan.
Regards Matt.

The store I bought my unit from offered replacement of the unit or exchange for other similary priced machine/player+dac set. There aren’t so many comperable function-wise models. Also problem is availability in general. I really like the sound of Rose and am affraid of another hit or miss choice and another struggle with replacement. Given a choice now I would prefer to spend the money on better amplifier, such as Musical Fidelity m8xi, Yamaha A-3200 or Technics SU-R1000 with excellent build-in DAC chip.

Hi ROSELOA,
I have sent you a email regarding this problem can you please respond to my email?
Seems like there’s no support when you get problems!!
Regards Matt

Hi Support,

I’m also using this CD drive model, connected to RS250 unit and facing the same issues as Paul. Is there a fix soon? Thanks!

£375 for a usb drive is nonsense £35 TOPS it works fine . just use it for ripping , my cdp hardly ever gets used these days , time it went to another home

1 Like

Hi, All! Any news on this problem with CD drive? I have one on order and wonder if I should exclude it … Thanks

Have same problems with CD playback as above. play-ok. press pause- in stops. 3 sec later plays again/ 3 sec later stops
Did anybody try anover CD drive with Rose just to check if its rose or CD drive bug?