Downloading Album/Tracks to Android Mobile Phone

…i sometimes think of downloading an album or tracks of music from the RS520 right to the mobile phone for use on the go.

Would it be possible to implement such a download feature?

@Ben

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

It is not possible to download or record albums/tracks from a Rose device and transfer them to a mobile phone.

Hello ROSEHAN

i understand that today this is not possible but it was a suggestion for possible feature in coming versions. Like a analog tape recorder for example, carry on digital music cassette so to speak.

Of course this is possible if you have them stored on the SSD. All you need is a file manager that supports smb2 network protocol. I use X-Plore file manager. It won’t work with streaming Tidal or Qobuz saved files. You can copy any file that is stored on the SSD if your app can process them (from mp3 to flac to DSD to DST compressed iso (with Hiby for instance).
Also movies, no problem.

I usually use it the other way around. Store the music from my phone on the SSD in the Rose. That way I get them all tagged and stored in the right order. It’s a bit slow over the network but fast enough for incremental use. An album at a time.

Hello Jeep

Yes i understand the file transfer. I use a SSD for my music and transfer files regularly form Windows Desktop to the RS 520.
In just thought when i operate the RS 520 with ROSE Connect Client from Android phone it would be simple and comfortable to just click a download button to get the music to the phone.

Rose connect is not a file manager. It can’t do that. It’s more a remote control that gives instructions. The only exception is that is shows the coverart which is transfered to a temp directory.

Also: I am not a car, nor car enthousiast. The brand was named after something… (And I don’t mean Willie’s Jeep). It’s an anagram of my initials given as a name by my cousin.

PS: if I pull down while I tap a video on Rosetube, it does start playing on my mobile’s screen with sound in the Rose connect app, and not on the RS250. It uses a lot of traffic on the WiFi (5MB/s). So I guess it can be done. But why would you want that?

When i listen to music with the RS 520 and operate it through the Android client i just sometimes think it would by handy to download the music to the Android and be able to listen to the music while outside away from my home stereo.

… it was my idea to get a download button in the ROSE Connect App…

@Ben

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

It seems that this function will not be able to be added in the future.