DSD64(Native) Playback breaks up

I have a small number of DSD64 tracks which I have had for a few years now and have played flawlessly on my Cambridge Audio CXNv2.

I have had the opportunity to try out a ‘HiFi Rose RS201E’ and putting it through it’s paces as a streamer & preamp. I am looking to purchase a RS250A, so want to simulate this setup.

Whilst playing DSD64 tracks from the same album, a couple of the track seem to break up and lose sync of audio. This album was commercially purchased as a DSD64 download (dsf files) - only two tracks seem to be affected, and the breakup appears at the end of one track and the beginning of another.

I assume my settings should be ‘DSD Native’ as I am using the internal DAC and standard RCA outputs to my amplifier.

If I try ‘DSD over PCM’ this also breaks up, however ‘DSD to PCM’ does work OK.

All files are on a 1TB SSD installed in the HiFi Rose. I have also put the files on a USB stick and played them on the HiFi Rose with the same bad results. If I take the same stick and play them on my original Cambridge Audio streamer they play flawlessly.

@Support: Should these files play OK through the ‘DSD Native’ setting on the HiFi Rose?

1 Like

Have taken delivery of my new RS150B - all set-up and played the DSD files that broke up on the loaner RS201E and they play absolutely fine on the RS150B. Same files played off the same SSD now installed in the RS150B.

The RS150B is set to DSD Native playback. All happy here.