[Early Access] Rose OS 5.6 release

[Early Access Version Release - Updates and Improvements]

Update on 4th September, 2024 (Early Access Ver.)

Update Date: 4th September, 2024 (Wed) 04:00 PM (GMT +9)
Supported Models: RS201(E), RS250(A), RS150(B), RS520, RS130
Device Compatibility Version Information: SW Ver. V5.6 (Early Access)

Update Version Information:

• RoseOS(SW): V5.6.01 (Early Access)
  • RoseConnect Premium (Android): V5.6.01.3
  • RoseConnect Premium (iOS): V5.6.01

Update Method:

• RoseOS: Rose Device > Settings > System Information > Enable Early Access Update > Select “Update” and proceed with system update.
  • Android/iOS: Install & update RoseConnect Premium from Play Store/App Store.

Note: When proceeding with the SW update from the official service (Official) version to Early Access, “Factory Reset” will be performed. All previously set information will be reset, so please be careful.

Update Contents:

[Rose Platform - Common]

1. Airplay2 Compatibility Added

• Airplay2 functionality has been implemented.

• Supports multi-room functionality.

• Enhanced buffering to prevent audio signal interruptions.

2. Functionality Improvements and Stability

• Fixed an issue where the updated DB list was not refreshed immediately upon entering the music home screen after a DB scan completion in the Settings (Music).

• Fixed an issue where the system would restart after an I/O Error occurred upon DB scan completion.

• Addressed occasional system restarts when navigating to the music tab after a DB scan.

• Changed USB name display in the folder (Music/Video) to show USB Name only.

• Resolved an issue where certain videos would not download cache during RoseTube playback.

• Fixed a system restart issue when playing specific videos.

• Resolved an occasional system restart issue when entering the RoseTube > Settings tab immediately after rebooting the device.

• Fixed an issue where DB scan did not resume if the power button was long-pressed to reboot during a DB scan.

• Modified the Media Library to display “Add DB” or “Rescan” buttons depending on the DB scan status.

• Fixed an issue where the recommended queue list did not display in the integrated queue when playing specific songs.

• Resolved occasional system restarts when entering the Media Library.

• Fixed an issue where the system would occasionally start when the device was left on for an extended period without operation.

• Resolved an issue where changes to the RoseTube resolution setting were not applied even after being modified by the user.

• Fixed screen noise issue during playback of certain videos in Video (VLC) (playback options added).

• Improved long processing times when checking file size and capacity during mass file copying in File Manager.

• Fixed a Roon message issue that occurred when the device entered standby mode during Roon audio playback.

• Resolved an issue where the remote control focus disappeared during radio search paging.

• Fixed an issue where CUE files were not scanned correctly (you must delete the DB and rescan for proper appearance).

• Adjusted the RoseTube search screen’s remote control focus UI.

• Added power synchronization with Rose AMP (RS180, RS280).

• Added weather information to the AOD screen.

[RoseConnect Premium - Android]

1. Functionality Improvements and Stability

• Airplay2 Compatibility added.

• CUE file playback supported.

• Fixed an app crash issue when entering a friend’s playlist.

• Resolved an issue where the device name was not updated in the app after changing the device name.

• Changed the Tidal HiRes icon display method.

• Fixed an issue where the installation message and infinite loading continued intermittently when installing the app from the RoseStore after a factory reset.

• Fixed an app crash issue when changing the playlist type.

• Resolved an issue where thumbnails were not displayed upon stopping audio playback.

• Added power synchronization with Rose AMP (RS180, RS280).

[RoseConnect Premium - iOS]

1. Functionality Improvements and Stability

• Added a feature to check new posts in the feed.

• Airplay2 Compatibility added.

• CUE file playback supported.

• Changed the Tidal HiRes icon display method.

• Fixed an issue where the app crashed during RoseTube Live video playback.

• Updated remote control UI.

• Fixed an issue where the output setting PCM Resampling Frequency value was limited to 192kHz.

• Fixed an issue where “Go to Album/Artist” did not work on the full music playback screen.

• Fixed an issue where the music folder favorites did not function.

• Resolved an issue where music playback would not resume after CarPlay disconnection and Bluetooth reconnection.

• Bluetooth reconnection time after CarPlay disconnection is approximately 10-20 seconds.

• If the connection is completely lost, the play state will change to pause.

Thank you

It is nice to get updates. It is like unpacking a gift to see what is inside :grinning:

Cannot get RoseConnect Premium (iOS) to update from 4.19.04 to 5.6.01
I tried on iPhone 12 and iPad. NoGo.
Maybe wait a little longer.

You must download the App „Rose Early Access“ (iOS) if you have the Early Access OS Release installed

@MuP
thanks for this useful tip!

And how does Airplay2 work?
I can play to my RS520 from iPhone but not from RS520 to my LG TV.
Yes both on the same WiFi network.
LG TV has no search function.
TV is shown on Bluetooth screen, as is the remote control, but cannot slide to the left

@Paulus

AirPlay 2 is the same as the existing AirPlay method.

If your TV or mobile phone supports AirPlay, activate the AirPlay function on your Rose device and search for the Rose device on your TV or mobile phone.

I do that and I get my LG TV in the bluetooth screen on the RS520.
When I tap it, I get the message"cannot pair to LG TV WebOSTV Oled ……………… because of incorrect pincode oor access code"
Then I have reset my RS520 to factory settings and did the same with my LG TV.
NO result. still the same message.
So where can I delete or reset the pincode and/or access code??
Again no trouble to pair my MacBook or iPhone to the LG TV via airplay.
When I switch the airplay to OFF on the RS520 and back ON there is a message saying airplay will switch on after a while. It looks like it does not.
What can/should I do?
I can airplay from my iPad to the LG TV and see what is playing, but I want not to go from my iPad but directly from the RS520.

I am running EA 5.6 since 2 days

I installed the EA version from curiosity for the db scanning improvement. They did a big step on DB BUT they killed my T+A DAC200 connection. The ROSE130 didn’t discover my dac. I returned back to the official version and my dac connection came back. So users be CAREFUL. @ROSEHAN You must read this comment. I don’t see a happy ending on this

@christoum1974

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please answer a few questions.

1. Even if you update your RS130 to the EA version and connect the T+A DAC200 to all USB ports on the RS130 rear, is the T+A DAC200 not recognized?
  2. If you use the official version on RS130, are there any problems connecting T+A DAC200?
1 Like

How can you ask something like that, even after the man clearly said that when returning to the official version, DAC works?

2 Likes

After updating to EA, my Holo May DAC is not recognised any longer with USB connection.

It works perfectly on official release.
Rebooting did not solve the issue.

Reading through the thread it seems that other DAC’s are affected as well.

1 Like

Yes, I also have the same problem as my Weiss DAC and Playback Designs DAC are not longer recognized by RS130z

1 Like

@ROSEHAN Yes the DAC200 it’s not recognized. The list is empty on USB connection. With the official version no problem at all.

I have the same issue - my Chord Qutest DAC is not recognised by the latest 5.6 early access version, but is recognised by the official version.

I think you need to have a word with your testing department.

1 Like

Ha, i think with the EA version the users are the global testing department. Oh yes, we are there to find errors and make things better

1 Like

@ROSEHAN Can we expect a solution soon please?

1 Like

New functionality not working completely is one thing, badly breaking something that was working before is quite another.

3 Likes

After being switched off for 20 hours and switched back on today, my RS130 is showing firmware 5.6 as being OFFICIAL, without possibility of rolling back to REAL OFFICIAL, working firmware. HiFI Rose, can you please provide fix asap and give us functionality of all advertised functions and features instead of a brick. At minimum provide buyback option as this is becoming a joke. A $5000 joke of the product.

2 Likes