Early Access software version

Please create a user input subsection for comments/suggestions on the Early Access software.

I’m very appreciative of Rose having authorized the testing of its Beta (Early Access) Software by users.
Two comments:

1. I’ve been using the Early Access software since the first day it was available and so far as I can tell, it has not been changed or updated. Hopefully, I’m incorrect because if not, that indicates no progress in update of the software for months. Work on upgrading the software is very much needed.
  2. I can’t find a place on this board to submit comments or suggestions concerning the Early Update version. Is there one? If not, there should be.
1 Like

How do you get the early access version? When I click on download the early access it says the installed official version is the latest.

Hans,

Does your update screen look like this:
RS 130 Update Screen
Mine says “You have the latest version” when I click on Use Early Access" or the "official version.

StandardModel

Hi,

Yes, exactly. The official version is the one that’s running.

Hi,

As nearly as I can tell, the message is that 4.15 is the latest software version and there is no “Beta” or Early Access version available at this time.
Is that how you interpret these messages as well?

If this is correct, it’s somewhat disappointing that no Early Access software is being prepared and that no apparent progress on a new version has been made for several months.

StandardModel

That is probably the case. Strange that they do have a download button. Well, I’ll try from time to time and see what comes up.

Hans

Dear Rose users

If the system version information on your Rose device is set to 4.15 (Early Access), you must change it to 4.15 (Official) at the bottom of the system version information.
The early access version is used, but stability is not guaranteed.
There are several parts that have not been corrected.
The next version will be released at a later date. When updating with early access, your Rose device will be factory reset.

Rosehan,

Please pardon my question but the direction to “change it to 4.15 (Official) at the bottom of the system version information.” is unclear to me. Are you stating that those who have been using early access should go back to the Official version at this time? Does that mean that early access should not be used now? Below are my screens. Am I on early access? It doesn’t look like it to me.

RS 130 Update Screen IMG_1687 IMG_1688 IMG_1689 IMG_1690 IMG_1691 IMG_1692

@StandardModel

You are using the correct system version. However, some customers seem to be using the early access version rather than the official version. In that case, the stability of your Rose device is not guaranteed.

Rosehan,

That is what I thought. How do I get the early access version? That is the one I want.
I’ve clicked on the “Update” in the same line as “Use Early Access Version” and all I get is a message saying “The current version is the latest!”.
I realize (as with all beta versions) there may be instability and accept that warning.

StandardModelRose

@StandardModel

We do not currently support the Early Access version. We are in the process of stabilizing the early access version. We will let you know when it becomes available.

Rosehan,

Thank you for that information. How is it then that “some customers” are using it?

StandardModel

@StandardModel

There are several parts that have not been corrected.