Editing Info on RS250 When Ripping "unknown" CD

Haven’t seen anyone talking about the EDIT function in the RS250.

Ripping CDs that produce “unknown” as results & editing on the face of the RS250.
I have the ROSEDRIVE mapped to my laptop, so I can edit there, but I want to get a common name for the CD (live, or new, etc) something short & simple I can correct later on the laptop.

Then I need the name of the artist. No shortcuts, just type it. Once.
BECAUSE! There is a Copy/Paste option!!!

1. Type the name out & confirm.
  2. In the Ripping window, open the name you just typed for editing again. (example is just the ‘unknown’)

1. With the cursor at the end of the name, press for a second or two with your finger - & the cursor adds a green dot at the bottom. An edit menu comes up with “PASTE” & “SELECT ALL”

4. Touch SELECT ALL and it becomes highlighted.

5. Once highlighted, you can cut, copy, paste & share (? haven’t tried sharing yet). Having a name in memory is a life saver. Keeps from having to edit every file for artist name. Once copied, it is in memory and stays there until a new name is entered, even when the disc is removed - so you can do multiple CDs by the same artist & only have to manually enter the name 1 time!!! Just Paste it after that. (1.open window 2.delete ‘unknown’ 3.Press blank space w/finger 4.Cursor and “PASTE” appear 5.press PASTE & your name in memory is displayed 6. hit CONFIRM & you are finished!)

2 Likes

Hi, I got this green dot, but no any option menu on top. What may be a problem!

@Harley3605

The above function has been blocked due to many errors and lack of need for use.

Just started working yesterday

Not working again somehow, need it strongly when need to insert the artist in every line.

@Harley3605

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
We cannot add this feature. sorry.